What your car rats you out about....

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Pray tell, how do they monitor your sex life?? Not that I've got anything to worry about.... just curious.....
;)
Mike

ett

I'm gonna do everything I can to keep my '08 Ranger, '10 NT, and '10 Griso running as long as possible.

Really wish I still had my '04 Ranger Splash and '00 GSXR.
Back when vehicles were computerized to solve problems; and not computerized just for the sake of computerizing or for remote connectivity.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
hmm... a brief overview what the EC/Brussels issues to be mandatory in new cars (besides above data collection)

Emergency brake assistant:
The system must recognize obstacles and moving vehicles, in a next stage also cycles and pedestrians.

Emergency lane assistant:
If veering off the lane seems imminent, the vehicle first warns. Once actually leaving the lane, the system actively intervenes and steers the vehicle back.

Intelligent speed assistant:
The prescribed speed is recognized via cameras, card data or infrastructure signals. When the limits are exceeded, the vehicle warns or there is an automatic transfer of speed limits to the cruise control or speed limiter. Deactivating must be possible, automatic reset with every start of the vehicle.

Reverse assistant:
With radar, camera or ultrasonic sensors, information about people and objects behind the vehicle are delivered to the cockpit.

Emergency brake light:
If the car is decelerated hard, pulsating brake lights or quickly illuminating warning indicators shows the (emergency) braking.
The system is to be triggered by a G-sensor or the ABS.

Fatigue warning:
Warns driver with a declining attention.

Event related data recording:
Accident related parameters are collected before, during and after an impact - only for the purpose of accident research - collected and stored anonymously. There must be no conclusions about the vehicle, owner. The storage cannot be deactivated.

"Alco-locks":
An interface to facilitate retrofitting with alcohol -sensitive removals can prevent the vehicle's commissioning by a person under the influence of alcohol.

in case you wonder why cars getting more and more expensive... lobbying?... go figure...

wonderful new world...

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
You would have to be a ultra-paranoid, conspiracy theorist to worry about what's in your car's computer!

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
You would have to be a ultra-paranoid, conspiracy theorist to worry about what's in your car's computer!
I dunno...... you can't be too careful I always say..... that's why I always wear my aluminum foil cap while driving so the car cant read my mind. Even with this precaution however, I still am being followed by the black helicopters.....
:rolleyes:
Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Unless you were in a bad accident and lied to the cops about your speed, if you were braking, accelerating, turning or any other vehicle dynamics the computer tracks. That info can be subpoenaed by the police, or a plaintiff in a civil suit, and used in court against you.

We have Alexa in our Mach-E. I have it turned off but I still occasionally make rude, profane remarks about it, the geeks that wrote it, and what it does on a 900 number as a side gig. I'll know for sure it is listening when I start getting spam from the geeks.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Unless you were in a bad accident and lied to the cops about your speed, if you were braking, accelerating, turning or any other vehicle dynamics the computer tracks. That info can be subpoenaed by the police, or a plaintiff in a civil suit, and used in court against you.

We have Alexa in our Mach-E. I have it turned off but I still occasionally make rude, profane remarks about it, the geeks that wrote it, and what it does on a 900 number as a side gig. I'll know for sure it is listening when I start getting spam from the geeks.
Just disconnect the microphone in the car. Problem solved.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Pray tell, how do they monitor your sex life?? Not that I've got anything to worry about.... just curious.....
;)
Mike
I saw a guy at the Reno air races....he said, give me a word....so I said "Banana". Guess what popped up on his android phone? Your phone can be set to listen to you, even if the screen is blank.
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL.....I am afraid I can not do that, Mike..."

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Until they collaborate with insurance companies or even law law enforcement...
When I was still with the State Patrol, the detectives would recover the black boxes out of wrecked cars and find out how fast you were really going and how hard you were braking... that was 19 years ago.

Reactions: ett
Bike
2010 Red NT700
When I was still with the State Patrol, the detectives would recover the black boxes out of wrecked cars and find out how fast you were really going and how hard you were braking... that was 19 years ago.
Now they can tell if you were texting at the moment of impact, which is good. But until we attach the same stigma to texting and driving as we do drunk driving, texters are going to continue killing people

Top Bottom