What your car rats you out about....

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Now they can tell if you were texting at the moment of impact, which is good. But until we attach the same stigma to texting and driving as we do drunk driving, texters are going to continue killing people
While I (fully) agree to the sentiment, is our law enforcement prohibited from accessing phones of people in question... what a crux...
Had this debates on various occasions: me almost being run over by someone on the phone, hence force to blare the horns and taking other evasive maneuvers, but guess who gets pulled over... :mad:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Our legislators are good at putting ink on paper making things illegal but most laws are unenforceable/ineffective given limitations of enforcement authorities, prosecutors, and our corrections system. Crime pays.
In Wisconsin we have the worst laws on drunk driving of any state. A friend’s car was hit by a drunk driver killing 2 and injuring 3 others. It was his 7th OWI. He got no jail time and was driving again within 2 weeks (possibly illegally - I don’t know). And was arrested again within 6 months for OWI. The system isn’t working.

Reactions: ett

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Five years ago I was git by a mirror from a pickup while riding my bicycle. It was a hit and run. Have had five vertebrae operated on and am still in a lot of pain. The driver had a cell phone on his wheel and was probably texting. The shoulder of the road (US 1) was 15' wide.

Top Bottom