Where can I get touch up paint for the 2010 Red Honda NT700V?

Bike
2010 NT700V
Eventually my red paint will chip. Hard to beleave I know. But when or if that wonderful red paint chipped I would like a touch up paint ready.

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
Along the same lines, anyone found a perfect matching touch up paint for the faster silver color. I hate to go hit or miss because I always miss, I'm a bit color blind so what I think matches usually doesn't.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I got some at my local dealership. Color-rite is another alternative.
Was the paint you got from the dealer a single stage system? I checked with Colorite and they have a three part system; base, color and clear. I would really prefer a single tube if available. If you would be so kind to advise what you got from the dealer, I would appreciate it.

MIke

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
What about touch up paint for the black plastic wings from where i have laid the bike down?
Those are just black molded plastic, with no paint. If you want to try painting over the scuffs or scratches I would get a can of the spray paint made for plastic furniture and give it a try....

Bike
Silver NT700V
Those are just black molded plastic, with no paint. If you want to try painting over the scuffs or scratches I would get a can of the spray paint made for plastic furniture and give it a try....
Krylon Fusion is the one I used to paint the orange trim on my JCW top case black. It only comes in gloss though. The tip over bar covers are only about $8 shipped form Bike Bandit so the paint costs more than the replacement part.

Chuck

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Paint is readily available through the dealer. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Harley. One of the guys dropped on with the "Bat" fairing that has all the guages and stuff, and got a scuff that is somewhat noticable. H-D wants 3K for a new fairing. It is a blue metalflake finish. I'll bet DuPont makes a paint that will match and a body shop that does customs could make it look like new. 3K, Yikes!

Madmax

Paint is readily available through the dealer. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Harley. One of the guys dropped on with the "Bat" fairing that has all the guages and stuff, and got a scuff that is somewhat noticable. H-D wants 3K for a new fairing. It is a blue metalflake finish. I'll bet DuPont makes a paint that will match and a body shop that does customs could make it look like new. 3K, Yikes!
My local paint store has mixed Harley paint for me in the past. All they need is the color code or name. Also most better paint shops will have a camera that you put up to the surface of the paint. It also tells them how and what to mix.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Also most better paint shops will have a camera that you put up to the surface of the paint. It also tells them how and what to mix.
+1 And unlike a "Paint Code" that reading compensates for fading. They are great for a true color match...

Top Bottom