Where does time and people go ?

I too enjoyed the great memories and this forum and the friends here have always been special to me. Funny though, I have no memory of the wreck, the helicopter ride or my friends visiting me in the hospital that first day. Strange what trauma does to ones body and brain. I'm grateful to God that I have had no lasting physical impairment even though I had 22 broken bones and a shattered spine. It seems strange to believe that next year will be 10 years. So many of you were such a great encouragement to me in the months that followed. I still enjoy riding but am still haunted by the thought of what might happen..........? My CB500X is a pleasure to ride and I have all the bells and whistles on it. This summer I plan to do the three sisters on it and this fall I plan on doing Baja - if body and soul are still intact.
Wendell

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Just came across some pictures of the NT gathering at Hill City. I was riding my ST1300 and on my way back from from a WESTOC event in Nelson BC, Canada. I stopped in at Hill City to meet up with you all and sleep on the floor of Rick Hotel Room. 2011. Yes time flies and people come and go, but the pictures will keep the memories fresh forever.

Also got to visit with Wyoming's finest. She was nice to me that day and only gave me warning.

SAM_1437.JPG
SAM_1446.JPGSAM_1447.JPGSAM_1448.JPGSAM_1449.JPGSAM_1450.JPGSAM_1451.JPG

Attachments

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Just came across some pictures of the NT gathering at Hill City. I was riding my ST1300 and on my way back from from a WESTOC event in Nelson BC, Canada. I stopped in at Hill City to meet up with you all and sleep on the floor of Rick Hotel Room. 2011. Yes time flies and people come and go, but the pictures will keep the memories fresh forever.

Also got to visit with Wyoming's finest. She was nice to me that day and only gave me warning.

SAM_1437.JPG
SAM_1446.JPGSAM_1447.JPGSAM_1448.JPGSAM_1449.JPGSAM_1450.JPGSAM_1451.JPG
It's nice to see that they put the red one (fastest!) at the head of the pack!
:rofl1:
Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
And here is the most well organized camper at Spearfish. Well maybe not in this picture, but he really iIS well organized. He was just looking for the computer that he misplaced somewhere in his tent. IMG_0080.jpeg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I"ll buy a beer for anyone who can identify this location of a small "gathering". IMG_20150901_073252786.jpeg
Well, I can tell you where it is, but I'll be dadburned if I can remember when it was. That's my garage. Didn't you and some friend of yours spend a night here when you were going riding in Colorado?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Don't for get our Ruedi Reservoir outing. June 2013. Can't remember the gentleman's name that invited us all up to his place. Great place to live.

SAM_1419.JPGSAM_1422.JPGSAM_1423.JPGSAM_1426.JPGSAM_1432.JPGSAM_1433.JPGSAM_1441.JPGSAM_1452.JPG
We called it the Pre-National Rally-Rally. The man's name was Rocky Huber. He was a maintenance man at Snowmass Resort and I rode with him either that fall or in the fall of '14 when I was a meeting in Snowmass.

Last edited:

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Don't for get our Ruedi Reservoir outing. June 2013. Can't remember the gentleman's name that invited us all up to his place. Great place to live.

SAM_1419.JPGSAM_1422.JPGSAM_1423.JPGSAM_1426.JPGSAM_1432.JPGSAM_1433.JPGSAM_1441.JPGSAM_1452.JPG
Love these pics...what are the things that look like baking ovens?

And here is the most well organized camper at Spearfish. Well maybe not in this picture, but he really iIS well organized. He was just looking for the computer that he misplaced somewhere in his tent. IMG_0080.jpeg
too funny!

Judging by the size of the cell phone, I was much younger then......

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Memories are wonderful ! ! The NT Started it all ! Though many have moved on to different bikes, we are still enjoying the friendships and group rides we did years ago. Let's keep the memories going !

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Yes, I've moved though my share of motorcycles. I liked them all. But the friends are special. Friends stay. Well most of them.

Does anyone remember "Fossil". He was sort of a "one-and-done" at Spearfish but he was on the forum for several years. He's the one on the right in the photo. IMG_0106.jpeg

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Well, I can tell you where it is, but I'll be dadburned if I can remember when it was. That's my garage. Didn't you and some friend of yours spend a night here when you were going riding in Colorado?
While not QUIET as impressive at Chucks garage :( it is indeed your garage. You get one "memory point". :) But since you can't remember when it was I will deduct one memory point. :( And, Yes, Mitch and I did spend a night at your home following a wonderful supper you and Joanne provided for two weary travelers. :) But our journey was not to Colorado, we were just passing through. We were actually headed to northern CA via NM from WI (the scenic route). The next day you led us on a ride up Poudre River Canyon to Walden :bk13:where we had some memorable "Volcano Burgers":burger:. Mitch and I rode through NM and UT and holed up in Eureka CA over Labor Day weekend (wise to stay off the roads that weekend) and then rode up through OR, WA, ID, and MT where we separated to do our own individual riding back to WI. A couple days later after I crossed the "HighBridge" from MN to I WI I spotted a bike ahead of me with a rider in a hi-viz Aerostich jacket. I had to speed a bit but sure enough it was Mitch. We hooked again 30 miles from home. Mitch is still riding his 2011 Versys.

One beer for Phil on me.
But Mike still owes me an ice cream Sundae.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
While not QUIET as impressive at Chucks garage :( it is indeed your garage. You get one "memory point". :) But since you can't remember when it was I will deduct one memory point. :( And, Yes, Mitch and I did spend a night at your home following a wonderful supper you and Joanne provided for two weary travelers. :) But our journey was not to Colorado, we were just passing through. We were actually headed to northern CA via NM from WI (the scenic route). The next day you led us on a ride up Poudre River Canyon to Walden :bk13:where we had some memorable "Volcano Burgers":burger:. Mitch and I rode through NM and UT and holed up in Eureka CA over Labor Day weekend (wise to stay off the roads that weekend) and then rode up through OR, WA, ID, and MT where we separated to do our own individual riding back to WI. A couple days later after I crossed the "HighBridge" from MN to I WI I spotted a bike ahead of me with a rider in a hi-viz Aerostich jacket. I had to speed a bit but sure enough it was Mitch. We hooked again 30 miles from home. Mitch is still riding his 2011 Versys.

One beer for Phil on me.
Just like a damned elephant..... you don't ferget, do you??!!

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike

One beer for Phil on me.
So, what year was it? Or don't you remember when either? 🤔

Top Bottom