Where was it made?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I happened to take a close look at the builder's plate of my bike the other day and noticed it said "Made in Spain." This is probably common knowledge, but I wondered if all NT's are built there?

BTW, my Spanish is rudimentary, so please don't be cute and reply in Spanish. I translated my title question on Babelfish just to catch your attention.

Viva Deauvilla!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Re: ?D?nde su motocicleta fue construida?

Jeff, the 2010s were all made in Spain. The 2011s moved to Italy. I noticed that the tank pad was made in Romania. It's an international bike!

My guess is that most components of (or for) the NT are made in Europe.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,

And the wind deflectors are made in Hungary.

Mike

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA

Believe our bikes got build in the old Montesa works.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike

Montessa! That's it. Does anyone remember who's old motorcycle factory the Italian Hondas are made in?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Old italien factories?? How about Pirrelli, Aeramachie, MV-AGUASTA; all names out of the past great old machines. Butt interesting question Is the NT a bike that the entire base machine like engine assy, frame, etc is all being built in country of assembly, Or is Mother Honda doing the major parts and then shipping them to Europe for final assembly??

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Indeed, it looks like a good possibility. If you follow the links for "Moto" > "Touring" you'll see two Deauville links. Made me wish I could read Italian. They've got two color choices: Spangle Silver and Shasta White, and they pay quite a bit more. 9,620 Euros for the ABS version, 9,020 Euros for the non-ABS. Be sure to look at the accessory line-up. I still don't see why Honda can't import some of these things with very little expense. Maybe there's something I don't understand.

Wait...I just thought about my last sentence and realized there are lots of somethings I don't understand.

Top Bottom