Who could it be?

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Last edited:
Bike
Bloom Red 2010 NT700v
Congratulations! Based on some of your prior comments, I would have expected a BMW in your future. Have a blast!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Enjoy, Chris! You need to ride it to Spearfish, so we can all see it.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Congratulations.
Hope it brings you great joy.
Life is too short, so just go ride the _____ out of it.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
well who posted about wire wheels?????? your sneaky, asking about wire wheels, only to benefit you! now you have NT, FJR, now a suzuki with wire wheels. enjoy a bike for all seasons, weather, circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
congrats! That's a sweet bike.
When I saw your "Orange Crate" at the rally, I should have bought it! I still think the 2016 is an awesome looking bike, but I love this one....I can stop smiling when I am on it.
Unlike me, it has no bad habits....

Congratulations! Based on some of your prior comments, I would have expected a BMW in your future. Have a blast!
The BMW F750 has been delayed again. Q4 now. Dont know if there is a problem with the Chineese engine or ? but I expect that the cost of the finished product to be $14,000 or more like the Triumph. If I cant live without one, I will buy that too! ;)

Enjoy, Chris! You need to ride it to Spearfish, so we can all see it.
No, I dont think I will. Will probably take the NT or if that breaks again, the FJR. This here is my day trip/Forest Service campgound 10 miles up a graded road bike....
It is more fun to ride than a barrel of monkies....which is pretty much what the Spearfish rally is... ;)

Congratulations.
Hope it brings you great joy.
Life is too short, so just go ride the _____ out of it.
My hypocratic oath as an aircraft mechanic will not let me hurt a machine.... ;)

Congrats, But it is not red. Of course, that is what paint is made for.
Actually, the yellow is nice. Matches my jacket....but I still like the looks of the 2016 V strom.... ;)

well who posted about wire wheels?????? your sneaky, asking about wire wheels, only to benefit you! now you have NT, FJR, now a suzuki with wire wheels. enjoy a bike for all seasons, weather, circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very astute, Woodaddict. The NT isnt worth much except to me....I might even donate it to someone on the forum when it is time....the FJR I will be burried on......but this new bike is a whole lot of fun to ride and farkle up. It has been years since I had a bike that I didnt have to be afraid of dumping at slow speeds. I Still have to be careful riding the NT and FJR at slow speeds, and the Connie C10 was aweful at slow speeds with 7 gallons of fuel and a touring load. That takes us back to the 1983 standard Goldwing with a Vetter and that was stable at slow speeds....its been a long time.
Sneaky Pete, yea olde Coyote

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
When I saw your "Orange Crate" at the rally, I should have bought it! I still think the 2016 is an awesome looking bike, but I love this one....I can stop smiling when I am on it.
Unlike me, it has no bad habits....
I never really cared for the orange myself, but it was different enough to not look like other bikes. This new version is very nice and I'd wished there was an option for tubeless tires and spoked wheels when I had mine, plus this one is just cool looking.

The bike is so light, it was nice to push something around the garage that you didn't have to worry about being found by the neighbors due to a 'bad smell' because your bike fell on you and you couldn't get up.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
more fun to ride than a barrel of monkies....which is pretty much what the Spearfish rally is...
So, you're calling us "monkies"? Well, same to you "Coyote"
Besides that, it seems to me you have been one of those "monkies" yourself for many years.

Or -
Were you referring to the FUN part of Spearfish.
I think that's why we all go.
Seems to be a compatible group.
Either that or no one cares.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I never really cared for the orange myself, but it was different enough to not look like other bikes. This new version is very nice and I'd wished there was an option for tubeless tires and spoked wheels when I had mine, plus this one is just cool looking.

The bike is so light, it was nice to push something around the garage that you didn't have to worry about being found by the neighbors due to a 'bad smell' because your bike fell on you and you couldn't get up.
LOL! Exactly right. Before Frosty introduced me to real motorcycle boots with big surface area and great grip, horsing around the FJR was an "adventure". Not this bike. Suddenly, everything that was old is new again. Light weight bikes....who knew?
Chuck's Versys 300 is a very cool bike but does need real tubeless tires.....In fact, when I get old in about 12 months, I may have to ad one to my stable. If it becomes a 400 with real tires from the 21st century, it is a shoe in.
New bike garage being delivered next week.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
LOL! Exactly right. Before Frosty introduced me to real motorcycle boots with big surface area and great grip, horsing around the FJR was an "adventure". Not this bike. Suddenly, everything that was old is new again. Light weight bikes....who knew?
Chuck's Versys 300 is a very cool bike but does need real tubeless tires.....In fact, when I get old in about 12 months, I may have to ad one to my stable. If it becomes a 400 with real tires from the 21st century, it is a shoe in.
New bike garage being delivered next week.
[video=youtube;SECVGN4Bsgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECVGN4Bsgg[/video]

Top Bottom