Wider foot pegs.

Bike
2011 Black NT700
Just wondering if anyone as installed wider foot pegs. If so what kind and how do you like them.
Thanks for responding.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS & 3 XS650s
I have not done it on an NT (don’t own one - yet) but I have installed wider pegs on my ST1300. Like many other ST owners, I have used Honda Gold Wing pegs which fit right on and are widely available.

I wound up buying new parts (Partzilla had them as I recall), but many other folks have said that any place that does GL trikes will have a bin full of used parts for free or nearly free. Our local trike shop had no GL parts as they mainly deal with Harley’s.

The wider pegs are fine but frankly, the difference isn’t all that detectable. I have found a much bigger difference from installing the MCL fixed peg lowering blocks because they allow me to stretch out my legs a little bit.

NOTE - I used the FIXED rather than the adjustable variant because (paradoxically) the fixed blocks fold up as normal foot pegs do while the adjustable blocks do NOT fold and so if you touch down in a sharp corner, you could be in a dangerous pickle. For that reason, I definitely recommend against the ADJUSTABLE peg lowering blocks.

Since MCL has now closed, your best alternative is either find a used set or make a set if you have access to a machine shop.

...just my $0.02.

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I have GL1800 Footpegs mounted on my Vstrom and like them. I don't plan on doing ALOT of dirt so not worried about them being slippery once covered in mud and schtuff. The GL pegs are a tad LOWER than my OEM Suzuki pegs, and I like that. Along with my "peg lowering kit" it helps with strain on the knees and hip joints (for me, anyway). I'm almost 100% sure the GL1800 pegs will also fit our NT700V bikes.........

P2230004.JPG

While cruising Ebay I found these (below)........original Honda Accessory for 2018 and Up Wings........part # 08R72MKCAE0. I know they may look alittle "goofy" but will your feet, legs, joints really care what they look like if they help on very long rides?? They are not cheap at $200/pair shipped. I kinda like them.....they are "stepped" somewhat for your heel thickness?? Similar to a "floorboard" peg..........

Goldwing Wider Peg.jpg

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Someone successfully installed GL1800 pegs on a NT a few years back. You maybe able to do a Search to find the thread.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I can’t comment on the fit of GL1800 pegs on the NT700V - but they certainly fit the ST1300 with no difficulty.
Well the NT pegs were originally used on the ST1100/1300 thus one might assume (yeah, I know) :rolleyes: that that would mean that the GL1800 pegs would fit.

Mike

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS & 3 XS650s
Well the NT pegs were originally used on the ST1100/1300 thus one might assume (yeah, I know) :rolleyes: that that would mean that the GL1800 pegs would fit.

Mike
That makes sense!

Also - I have been told that shops specializing in GL-trike conversions are great places to pick up GL1800 footpegs as they take them off when they convert to a trike. Some folks on the ST Owners site have said that they have gotten a nice set of GL1800 pegs for as little as $10 USD.

I bought mine new from Partzilla (don't recall how much but it wasn't crazy expensive) - and they were delivered quickly.

Pete

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
GL1800 OEM Footpegs.........per Cheap Cycle Supply.com, they are approximately $36.50 per side, plus shipping..........about $85-$90 for a new pair?? (this does not include the spring, pin, clip.......assuming those can re-used from the NT pegs, but not confirmed)
I have found nice, used sets on Ebay for as low as $30 for the pair, plus shipping.......but those are rare these days........many are at least $30 per side on Ebay. There are China clones at $45 a pair shipped on Ebay.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I would be very hesitant about anything from the ChiComs.

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Lately when shopping for small items on Ebay, I check the provider's mailing address before deciding. If it has an address in China, I look for one with US shipping address. The item probably still comes from China but with the US provider, I have a much better chance of returning the item for a refund.

It's darn difficult to find ANYTHING made in the US anymore! :-(

Last edited:
Top Bottom