Wind deflectors for the NT

prof98801

I do not have the heated grips on my NT700 but would like to get the wind deflectors. Those of you who have them on your NT without the heated grips, where did you get them and do they interfere when turning sharp or locking your bike?

1TRAK

I paid close to retail for mine through my dealer but felt it was money well spent. No issues with turning and they worked great.

OP
OP

prof98801

I was thinking more of the hand wind deflectors just to protect my hands from getting so cold from the wind.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Just as a note, I paid about the same for my heated grips and installation as the wind deflectors cost. (I bought the Show Chrome brand with 4 position LED heat levels.) I paid a 1 hour labor rate at an independent shop. I'm very glad I made the choice.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
As close to the tank as the bars are at full lock, I'd guess that you'd have to rotate them up quite a bit to let Barkbusters or something like that clear the tank. I've thought about them, too, but need to get side by side with somebody to see if they'd fit. The Honda wind deflectors work great and, as others have said, do an amazing job for the way they look.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Honda wind deflectors are extremly good at diverting the air with stock handlebar height, but there is a noticable increase in wind on the grips if you raise your handlebars (even 1"). I would buy them again today even with MCL riser because they still divert enough air to improve the comfort, and the look is good. I have the Hondaline heated grips and rode 20 miles to work today at 27F in wearing non-insulated single layer leather gloves. The cold was tolerable (I'll do it again), but I'm thinking about some better gloves.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I have MCL risers and I still get almost all the wind diverted off my hands. I think it has as much to do with what angle you set your bars to when you add risers as the risers themselves.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I think it has as much to do with what angle you set your bars to when you add risers as the risers themselves.
Agreed. There is definatlely a sweet spot behind the deflectors. And if your bars are adjusted mostly higher (not mostly back toward rider) with the riser, your hand will catch a little more wind. Still worth having the wind deflectors though.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
They are certainly well worth the money. Some engineer spent a lot of time on that project.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have the Honda wind deflectors, no heated grips (yet). I go the deflectors at the dealer (before I discovered this site and knew better). Even at full retail, they are worth the money. VERY effective at stock bar height. I noticed a bit more wind after installing MCL bar risers. Still very effective though. I've ridden the commute down to 27 degrees (about 45 minute ride, 26 miles). Hands were cold but bearable. As afar as interfering with steering, no issue at all. If handlebars come close to the deflectors you already have a far more serious problem.

Top Bottom