windshield tint

Bike
2010 NT700V
hey guys I was wondering what tint the factory windshield was mine is a 2010 NT with a fairly dark tint but I have seen many NT's with clear windshields thanx jt

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The factory windshield was clear. I've been using National Cycles V-stream screen since I got to about 50K miles. I put 139K miles on my first NT, so 89K miles with the V-stream. I don't remember if the 2nd NT had a V-stream windscreen or if I had the dealership where I traded the bike swap my windscreen from the first bike with the 2nd bike.

I've had very good luck with these. I had two other windshields before going to the V-streams. Both cracked out of the mounting holes. I stop-drilled those cracks and they lasted a little longer after that. But the only trouble I've had with the V-stream windshield came when a little buck mule deer hit me with his antlers. That tore up my fairing, the instrument cowl, broke off my left mirror and shattered my hand. Like a fool, I rode another 385 miles away from home before I realized how damaged my hand was. It did about $2800 in damage to the bike, $12,000 to my hand.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Gifted my GF with the V-stream (+ the cinematic for height adjustment), but she experienced quite some weaving/instability when in bad air behind semis, etc...
Went back to her previous Givi D307ST, more airflow on shoulders again, but vastly improved smoothness & stability

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Two summers ago, my aftermarket windshield developed a crack radiating from one of the mounting holes. We were on our way to STAR in Cape Giradeau, MO so at our overnight stop in Corydon, IN, I purchased a cheap battery powered drill & some bits at the local Wal-Mart, then drilled a hole at the end of the crack. It worked and only cost me around $35 so I was happy.

A week later, I was home and my drilling a hole at the end of the crack stopped it growing further. One of my riding pals, WoodAddict (David) in NC suggested a windshield from 7Jurock so I went to their website and found something suitable. The price was reasonable and it works so "Thank you David!"

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
7Jurock, weird name, but have them on both my NT and Spyder

Top Bottom