Windy Ridge, Mt. St. Helens

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chris, what a GREAT ride report. And great pictures as well. Back in 78-79, I'd fly a Cessna from Santa Rosa, CA, to Aloha, OR, to Pendleton, OR, on business. I can remember enjoying the beauty of the cones at Mt Hood, Mt. St Helens, and Mt Adams.

I moved to Casper, WY, in June of '79 and was living there when St. Helens blew. Planes flying in and out of Casper were grounded for several days. The next time I went to Portland, I was amazed to see St Helens truncated.

In 2005, we had a Concours Owners Group National Rally in Centralia and on our way west, we rode through Yakima. I'll never forget the astonishment of seeing Rainier as I came around a corner after topping White Pass on US12. Then we road down to Randle and to Windy Ridge a couple of days later. It amazes me how little growth there's been in some areas in 10 years since I was there.

Thanks for posting!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Very very nice ride report, Chris. Thanx.

Maybe I should put this area on my "Bucket List of Rides."

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Thanks for a great ride report.

My buddy and I are planning a trip to the west coast in late summer, but we generally planned to go a bit south of there. You might have changed all that. It looks like we should go to see Mt St Helens even it it is farther. I don't care if it takes me a day or two longer to make the trip, but my buddy has a job and I don't.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Excellent, more stuff to add to my list of things to do, thanks, great pics.

Chris, thanks for you trip report. This is a lovely place out here isn't it. Yes, it is about two hours on the Seattle side to get to anything that lovely. On the Olympic Peninsula, it is really just a few minutes to find beautiful places. Keep your reports coming.

Terry

Thanks Chris. I rarely ride much over on the Seattle side. I do go up to see friends at Mt. Baker/ Glacier, but I leave from PT to Whidbey to hiway 20 and on up to Glacier. I'm not fond of driving through Seattle and I'm impressed that you seem to do this every day.

Terry

Top Bottom