Wiring Diagram NT700V6

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The North America version of the NT is a little different than the Euro version. One big difference is we didn't get HISS so the wiring diagrams over here will be wrong for your bike.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I assume the 6 in your model NT700V6 means it's a 2006 model? We didn't get an NT here in the states until 2010.

OP
OP
I assume the 6 in your model NT700V6 means it's a 2006 model? We didn't get an NT here in the states until 2010.
It's actually a 2008 registered machine,which as far as I can tell,languished in a dealership for almost two years !.....It's been through a few owners and now I'm attempting to resusitate it :)

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Does your '08 model have the headlight flasher to let slow pokes know that you want to come around? Even without that, there are lots of small differences between USA models and models made for other markets.

OP
OP
Does your '08 model have the headlight flasher to let slow pokes know that you want to come around? Even without that, there are lots of small differences between USA models and models made for other markets.
It sure does.....slow poke's abound round these parts !

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
.... particularly the Instrument Panel (Meter ) ?
Circling back to the actual topic: what exactly is the problem on yours?
The OEM workshop manual is a brilliant source, one of the first items I got when obtaining the '07 NT700VA for my GF...

OP
OP
I have a UK 2010 and the colour of a small number of cables is inconsistent. At some of the multiconnectors the colours change.
Nick,It shows a Black/Red wire to pin 10 on the Clocks,which then travels all the way to the Modulator,a device which my machine does not possess !...so even though I have fixed the issue with Black Tape,my enquiring mind still asks,where is that live feed coming from ? ....Back to work tomorrow and Wined off today so it'll drag on a bit further !

Bike
Black Deauville NT700
It appears to be the ABS Warning Indicator. It is cheaper to make a wiring loom with all the wires than make a special loom. The wire will end in a connector on the right side of the bike under the seat. The ABS modulator will be absent. As for it being live, I know not why.

Is the bike equipped with perforated, stainless steel disks (not the brake discs) on both the front and rear wheels? I am wondering if the ABS has failed and the bike sold as ABS absent.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom