Women's boots

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
After a year of ownership of the NT, my wife has finally decided that it's safe to ride with me and she loves it. I am however looking for a pair of riding boots fer her and am so far disappointed in the choices available. I have the Tourmaster Response SC boot and I love it. I would like to find a similarly styled boot for her, but every boot that I look at is Harleyesque in design. Does anyone know of a boot that offers comfort, protection and is NOT a "biker" style boot?.

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
My wife is "gearing up" for her upcoming MSF Class and is looking at the different boot options. One of her priorities is to be able to walk a reasonable distance in them so she is leaning towards a "combat boot" style rather than a motorcycle specific boot. Of all the odd places to have a very good selection of boots Sears here has more options than anywhere else....

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Tourmaster and Joe Rocket make very comfortable boots. They don't seem to need breaking in. Most come in full sizes. It is best to go one size up for a good fit. Rocket makes the Meteor--which id the low cut, and the Sonic, which is high cut. Both are waterproof and very comfortable. I have both.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Mike
Are you looking for womens sizes and that is why you are disappointed in the choices available ?

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Mike
Are you looking for womens sizes and that is why you are disappointed in the choices available ?
Yes, she has small tootsies and there are no mens sizes that small otherwise I would get her the Tourmaster Response like I have. All the women's boots I looked at would require her to get a tank top and some tattoos.

;^)

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
After shopping around today my wife chose a pair of Bates GX-8 boots. While they may not be the most stylish boots they are light, waterproof, and offer good protection. My pair of Bates boots are wearing very well and have done a good job so far so SWMBO decided to go with the same brand...

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
My wife and I have matching Danner boots. We have the tac style with side zippers.

elizilla

Here's a TCX boot that looks similar to that Tourmaster Response:
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/just_for_women/boots/tcx/x_square_lady_boots.html

I like a taller boot with more armor, though, more like this:
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/just_for_women/boots/sidi/womens_vertigo_lei_vernice_motorcycle_boot.html
Not Harley-esque, but I don't know if your wife wants to look like a sportbike rider either. If she does, well, being an Amazon woman I'm wearing a men's version of that boot, not the small lady size, but I can report that I like 'em a lot.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Is this an option?.... I bought a pair of these Ariat's from Tractor Supply. They are designed for horseback riding. The sole is not clunky or chunky. It is smoother and also great for walking, and there is a really nice step at the heel (designed for sturrups) which works great for footpegs. Yes, they are available in women's sizes and can be ordered online from there website.

Attachments

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I wore my Ariat paddock boots for the first few months I was riding. Worked great, until one of them came untied and caught on the brake lever when I came to put my foot down at a stop....eeek!!!

Then I bought a pair of Sidi Way Tapor boots. LOVED THEM!! Comfy, no laces. Not too waterproof, though. I wore those for about 4 years (about 65,000 miles) then one of the zippers gave out. I now wear a pair of Aerostich Combat Lite boots. Euro size 41 fits my 8 1/2 sized foot. I think the smallest size they come in is a 40, though, so if she has real tiny feet (like a size 5 or 6) they're gonna be too huge.

Check out the Sidi's. They have some really nice boots.

Top Bottom