WV NT Gathering, May 18-21, 2017, Davis WV

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
In regards to rain predictions, someone explained to me that for example a 50% prediction for rain means that somewhere in that general area, there is a 50-50 chance of rain falling and it may not be in Davis. I've ridden on days that had a 70-80% chance of rain and nary a drop fell on me!
Totally agree with that. I'll bring my chair also. I rode over yesterday over to the other side of Dayton and then back east of Dayton and camped over night. Then did 7 hrs zig zagging my way back home today. That was awesome. First motorcycle camping this year.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Weather predictions for Davis have improved:

Thursday: 79 F with 20% chance of rain
Friday: 69 F with 50% scattered thunderstorms
Saturday: 72 F and partly cloudy
Sunday: 75 F with PM thunderstorms

It has been my experience that thunderstorms usually occur during the late afternoon after heat has built-up. All of us will be heading home on Sunday so the "PM thunderstorms" shouldn't affect us. :)

Last edited:
I hate to say this but I don't think I will be in Davis, WV this weekend.:( Since I just now got back home from Wednesday night RDV madness. But my plans could possibly change.:shrug2:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What's RDV madness? Sorry you're not going to be able to go.

Tonydtiger1971

Think of me on the rides, I will be at work Friday and Saturday and leave for training Sunday. Hopefully I can rent a motorcycle up in Connecticut and take a little trip there.

sojourn

Re: WV NT Gathering, May 18-21, 2017, Davis WV,Were Here Dear

I arrived at BlackWater Falls SP,Wed.afternoon.I am in site #60,look for "merican" flag.Plenty of room if anyone wants to camp at my site.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Pulled in around 4:30pm today (Thursday). 3 others were already here and another followed me in. Enjoyed some conversation over food and beverage at Blackwater Brewing Co. I just saw Woodadict pull in also. And sojourn hit the campground earlier. Good to see all these folks again. Sitting out front of the Alpine listening to the spring peepers across the way and enjoying the sweet mountain air.

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Yes, me here. Took fast ride to Hinton,WV, then used curvy roads to Davis. Very fun, about 35 miles of 1 lane paved with stones on side. Now those roads are very tight up / down tiny roads. Where would I be without my TomTom rider curvy road option!!?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Yes, me here. Took fast ride to Hinton,WV, then used curvy roads to Davis. Very fun, about 35 miles of 1 lane paved with stones on side. Now those roads are very tight up / down tiny roads. Where would I be without my TomTom rider curvy road option!!?
That sounds like some of the roads I rode when the Concours Owners Group National Rally was at Canaan Valley State Park (2007, I think). There were places where I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep going, but also was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to turn my Concours around.

Wish I was there with you guys -- we're having the biggest snow of the year in Colorado today and tomorrow. Fortunately, it's all melting as it falls here in Greeley.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Five NTs here as of Friday morning. We'll walk 30 yards for a nice breakfast in 15-minutes!

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Phil, went thru Canaan Valley, a deer on side on rode. Isn't that where you hit one?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil, went thru Canaan Valley, a deer on side on rode. Isn't that where you hit one?
We were about 5-6 miles south of the main entrance to the State Park, between Harman on WV-32. After my headlight was knocked out (because the plug fell off the back), I steered onto a gravel parking area next to a fishing location.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Bike count now up to 8 with 3 non-NTs but hey, they're all ridden by good people...including me (NC700X).

Yesterday afternoon, we got caught in a deluge but fortunately only about 4+ miles from the hotel and it stopped after about 10-minutes. Deb & I stopped to don our Frogg Togg jackets while Cnille (aka: Barry) said the heck with it and continued on! It's a tossup as to who got wetter because the combination of strong wings and heavy rains coming horizontally made it difficult to put on our raingear. Oh well.... :shrug2:

Last edited:
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Does the Gathering bring rain? Must find a anti Rain Dance Mojo to bring clear skies to great riding area.

Thanks guys for a great rally. Kudos again to Duane for finding more great roads. Already looking forward to next year. Chris
what Chris said. I got home without getting wet but there was fog coming over the mountains and it was so cold I had to put my rain jacket on to get warm.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Thanks guys for a great rally. Kudos again to Duane for finding more great roads. Already looking forward to next year. Chris
Was great to see you again Chris. Can't believe we got in all the rides with only one short shower on Friday. Fantastic ! And thanks for the kudos. I love doing it.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
What a great time we had. The weather was great ! Goes to show you, if you stay at home because the weatherman says it might rain, you miss out on some wonderful times. IMG_3492.jpg
IMG_3497.jpg
IMG_3529.jpg
IMG_3531.jpg

More pics after bit.

Top Bottom