Yamaha Tenere 700

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I think it is a little late for me to expect a growth spurt to allow me to touch the ground on these ADV bikes.

Brad

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
BMW 750 GS seat height will be 30 to 32. So I guess that might be the only one with a seat most of the short legged riders (like ME) could touch the ground on.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Three realities here about motorcycle manufacturers: 1) they don't care much about old guys with short legs (me!), 2) chain drive = a lower MSRP and it might help them make a sale, and 3) Sales drive everything. :)

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
It looks much more dirt oriented than street. Regardless of seat height its not the kind of riding that I do.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Three realities here about motorcycle manufacturers: 1) they don't care much about old guys with short legs (me!), 2) chain drive = a lower MSRP and it might help them make a sale, and 3) Sales drive everything. :)
Right!!!
For the most part they are designed by the marketing department not engineering. Then enter the patents and attorneys. Engineering has the job of making it all work. That's why most of are unpleased by what hits the market.

Now that I bashed the manufacturers I can add there are some great products out there. I'd hate to return to my old motorcycles.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I think it has been confirmed that the T700 will not make it the states until 2020. I think other parts of the world will get it as a 2019 model.

It looks interesting to me, but I want to get more info on it.

Yamaha has sure been hyping this one up for about year already.

Top Bottom