Yamaha's 900 cc Sport Tourer

Bike
choosing
Has anyone checked out the new mid sized sport tourer that Yamaha introduced for 2019?

Looks pretty good. Three cylinder, six speed. The GT model looks like it comes with bags.

I see that Honda has a new Monkey. :rofl1:

Ride on

Joe

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
With its 33.5" seat height its more like an adventuring motorcycle than a sport touring motorcycle. Heck its taller than the 31.7" seat height of the FJ1300A

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It doesn't seem like anyone's figured out that there are lots of short-legged people out here who would like to ride some of these bikes. :-(

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
The super Tenere is 33+ seat height and I've got some short legs. It compresses several inches while you get on it.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The bike is called the Tracer GT and it ticks all the boxes except seat height and shaft drive. I sure hope that Honda is paying attention to what Yammy and Kawi are doing. Build motorcycles that folks want to buy, not stuff like the NM1 etc....

Just my .02

Mike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I lament the chain drive trend. I wish BMW would give us a ~750cc boxer with shaft drive. (again)

$13k is getting pretty steep for a 'sport standard' Yamaha. It has a lot of goodies like slipper clutch, traction control, cruise control. I'm guessing they won't sell well and will become a cult bike, kinda like our NTs.

For that price, I'd buy a BMW F800GT. Lower seat height and belt drive.

blacktruck

The bike is called the Tracer GT and it ticks all the boxes except seat height and shaft drive. I sure hope that Honda is paying attention to what Yammy and Kawi are doing. Build motorcycles that folks want to buy, not stuff like the NM1 etc....

Just my .02

Mike
Agreed sir. I like a lot of different types of bikes but the NM1 was unlike any I know of. I have never seen one in person but pretty sure even it were to be as handy as a pocket on a shirt, the market would have to be very narrow for those wanting that bike. Makes you wonder who gave it a go ahead to build and sell. What were they thinking?

I lament the chain drive trend. I wish BMW would give us a ~750cc boxer with shaft drive. (again)

$13k is getting pretty steep for a 'sport standard' Yamaha. It has a lot of goodies like slipper clutch, traction control, cruise control. I'm guessing they won't sell well and will become a cult bike, kinda like our NTs.

For that price, I'd buy a BMW F800GT. Lower seat height and belt drive.
I want to see one of these in person. As said, the price is a little high for a mid size bike. I like it all but would like it even more of if it had a shaft drive.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
A nice part about the BMW F800GT, is you can pick up a used model in great condition for a fraction of the price of a new one.
Your comment got me thinkin' I should check Craigslist, and sure enough, there's a 2013 with only 4300 miles for $5500.....wife owned, "just a bit too much bike for my wife".......tempting, tempting......

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Your comment got me thinkin' I should check Craigslist, and sure enough, there's a 2013 with only 4300 miles for $5500.....wife owned, "just a bit too much bike for my wife".......tempting, tempting......
That is a good price. Its basically the trade in value. Retail is closer to $8,000

Top Bottom