YKnot's Big Lid Upgrade...

Bike
Silver NT700V
I am liking this idea. I now have two complete sets of standard scratched lids so I have one to work with. Any thoughts on trying to tape off the NT700V sticker, or just remove and replace. Will a new sticker adhere to the bedliner?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chuck, the big lids don't have the NT700V sticker -- they've got the Deauville emblem which is a three-dimensional piece. I didn't do as good a job in taping it off when I spray-painted my big lids as YKnot did before he put the bed-liner on.

Bike
2010 Maroon NT 700
The black painted lids look so much better on the silver NT than the maroon NT's. Nice!

bicyclist

Any thoughts on trying to tape off the NT700V sticker, or just remove and replace.
The sticker peels off very easily. Since it won't show very well on bedliner, it makes sense to just peel it off and leave it off. I certainly wouldn't tape it off. That would leave a hole and disrupt the integrity of the coating, giving it a better opportunity to peel off the lids.

Last edited by a moderator:

slider

I didn't care for the Dullville sticker so I pulled it off and covered it with black 3M reflective tape then gorilla glued it back on with a very thin coating. Looks good and is functional.
This was on new black lids.

silverdevil

on my last trip I got very irritated at my self due to the SMALL stock lids on the saddlebags, so when I got home I ordered the BIG lids from DAVID SILVER SPARES in PA, they got here in less than a week. I ordered the black ones cause I wanted to paint them with the "bed liner black" paint. first I painted the stock lids and I liked the way they turned out so I then painted the new big lids, I used the rattle cans due to price, for the 4 lids (2 small and 2 large) I used 3 cans. that was less than $25 from wal-mart.
my bike is the red and the black lids look fine to me.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I had black large lids until I kissed a guard rail. The right lid was literally shattered. Surprisingly the latch mechanism stayed intact. I now have silver lids on the red bike--preferred black. I will probably go with the black truck bed liner and research some outside latches.

OP
OP

YKnot

Chuck, the big lids don't have the NT700V sticker -- they've got the Deauville emblem which is a three-dimensional piece. I didn't do as good a job in taping it off when I spray-painted my big lids as YKnot did before he put the bed-liner on.
Trust me... that was the most irritating part. I taped them off 3 times each, and I still didn't get it perfect.

The black painted lids look so much better on the silver NT than the maroon NT's. Nice!
Thanks! I am really happy with the way they turned out.

I didn't care for the Dullville sticker so I pulled it off and covered it with black 3M reflective tape then gorilla glued it back on with a very thin coating. Looks good and is functional.
This was on new black lids.
I am starting to wish I had just covered these emblems too. My wife liked them. So, I was out-voted 2 to 1.

on my last trip I got very irritated at my self due to the SMALL stock lids on the saddlebags, so when I got home I ordered the BIG lids from DAVID SILVER SPARES in PA, they got here in less than a week. I ordered the black ones cause I wanted to paint them with the "bed liner black" paint. first I painted the stock lids and I liked the way they turned out so I then painted the new big lids, I used the rattle cans due to price, for the 4 lids (2 small and 2 large) I used 3 cans. that was less than $25 from wal-mart.
my bike is the red and the black lids look fine to me.
I would love to see some pics of how they turned out.

Cheers!
-mark

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I don't have a problem with the "Deauville" (pronounced DeVille) designation. Deauville is the name of a neat resort town in France. Beats NT700V which sounds like the designation of a robot in a B movie.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
If we called it a Deauville, people wouldn't think we are riding an NC700X every time we are asked, 'so what do you ride?"
Yeah - that happened to me when I took my NT into the local dealership for service. While I waited, I chatted with a salesman and I sat on the a CTX700. When he asked me what I rode, I told him and he said he'd only seen a couple of of NC700s around out area. He never did understand, even after I explained.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Last time i had a rear tire mounted, they asked me what I rode and they quoted me a very reasonable price, like in the $50 something range
When I got there to pick it up they wanted $80 something
I just know he quoted me the price to change a tire on the NC700X

Dilberts

Bike
2010 Red NT700
They do fine if the bike is right on front of them, but if you tell them its an NT700 over the phone they immediately picture an NC700X

Service people
Salesmen
Regular guys who dont know what they are
No one but us knows what it is
LOL

OP
OP

YKnot

They do fine if the bike is right on front of them, but if you tell them its an NT700 over the phone they immediately picture an NC700X

Service people
Salesmen
Regular guys who dont know what they are
No one but us knows what it is
LOL
I like telling them that I have an ST700 Deauville from Europe like Chuck said just to spin crazies in their head cavity.

Top Bottom