You STILL meet the nicest people on a Honda.

For everyone born after 1975, "You met the nicest people on a Honda" was an advertising slogan designed to separate themselves from the Wild Bunch image of motorcyclists. That slogan still rings true to this day.

Today I went on an impromptu ride with Mike and Warren from this forum. Mike was on his Honda and Warren was on his Yamaha Tmax. Naturally, I was on my Honda. We found some fantastic roads, perfect weather, mediocre lunch, and good company.

It's good to be me. 😁

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yup! It was a great ride, 'cept for one minor detail.... <sigh>... we stopped for lunch in Potosi, MO at a restaurant that catered to bikers. They conveniently provide parking in front of the place on a concrete apron. There were about a half dozen Harley's already there in various stages of dress. Randy pulled in followed by Warren and I brought up the rear. Never one to miss an opportunity to make a fool of myself, I pulled in and put my foot down to back into the spot and found that the apron on the right side of the bike was about six inches lower than the apron on the left side of the bike. Needless to say, gravity being what it is and leg strength being what it isn't resulted in a SAD. So, I dutifully record my official stop and drop for 2021. I noted that Phil had one earlier in the year and I couldn't let him get ahead of me. The only damage (other than my ego) was a broken brake lever which sheared off exactly where it was supposed to.

:well1:

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
For everyone born after 1975, "You met the nicest people on a Honda" was an advertising slogan designed to separate themselves from the Wild Bunch image of motorcyclists. That slogan still rings true to this day.

Today I went on an impromptu ride with Mike and Warren from this forum. Mike was on his Honda and Warren was on his Yamaha Tmax. Naturally, I was on my Honda. We found some fantastic roads, perfect weather, mediocre lunch, and good company.

It's good to be me. 😁
I thought you said “good company” but Mike was along. Which one was it????

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I usually dismount and walk the bike backwards into the spot. It's easier to avoid falling when I can see Terra Firma plus have both feet on the ground. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I thought you said “good company” but Mike was along. Which one was it????
Ouch. Mike took the time to show us what not to do when parking on uneven ground. As far as new friends go, that was a total act of selflessness. 😅🤣😂

Seriously, other than the broken brake lever and a bruised ego, he took it better than I would have.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I usually dismount and walk the bike backwards into the spot. It's much more difficult to fall when I can see Terra Firma plus have both feet on the ground. :thumb:
Frosty can do that.....I am very shakey walking a bike anywhere!...heck, I can barely walk....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yup! It was a great ride, 'cept for one minor detail.... <sigh>... we stopped for lunch in Potosi, MO at a restaurant that catered to bikers. They conveniently provide parking in front of the place on a concrete apron. There were about a half dozen Harley's already there in various stages of dress. Randy pulled in followed by Warren and I brought up the rear. Never one to miss an opportunity to make a fool of myself, I pulled in and put my foot down to back into the spot and found that the apron on the right side of the bike was about six inches lower than the apron on the left side of the bike. Needless to say, gravity being what it is and leg strength being what it isn't resulted in a SAD. So, I dutifully record my official stop and drop for 2021. I noted that Phil had one earlier in the year and I couldn't let him get ahead of me. The only damage (other than my ego) was a broken brake lever which sheared off exactly where it was supposed to.

:well1:

Mike
A few years ago, Frosty and I had a long hard hot ride to the campground at the rally.....I felt like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest....I pulled my NT onto the grass where I wanted to camp and came to a complete stop and fell over......it even was funny at the time!:rofl1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
A few years ago, Frosty and I had a long hard hot ride to the campground at the rally.....I felt like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest....I pulled my NT onto the grass where I wanted to camp and came to a complete stop and fell over......it even was funny at the time!:rofl1:
Hmmm.....I wonder how many times I've done that: a) on grass; b) on pavement?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Even though I was the outcast on my Yamaha both Mike and Randy were two of the nicest Missouri Honda riders one could have the pleasure of riding with. I look forward to more rides with them in the future. I really felt for Mike with his drop. After nine years on my NT I never dropped it but in the first year riding my Yamaha I had a similar situation when I put my foot down and due to the pavement sloping away from me over I went. Fortunately no damage was done other than a bruised ego. By the way it took the three of us the hoist that big boy back up. I had forgotten how heavy the NT is.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R

It's good to be me. 😁
Hahaha. I was born in 1973...

Top Bottom