maybe this one

Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
7
Location
Fresno Calif
I was looking at getting an NT700 a couple of weeks but I missed out, I have found another one it is a 2010 Honda NT700V/VA Great highway and street commuter. New tires, battery and custom seat. 12,000 Miles. Excellent condition
what should I look for when I go to see it. asking price is $3000
00s0s_bR90fL0Xwx6_600x450.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 00s0s_bR90fL0Xwx6_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_bR90fL0Xwx6_600x450.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 41
I would look for general care items to see how it has been treated, stored inside/outside etc.
The other thing is the pannier latches. They are a common failure and can be fixed or replaced with external latches. Open the lids and look for cracks in the towers that hold the latch hooks.

Brad
 
joeincalif, Welcome and that is a good looking NT! is your plan to commute or will it be used as a distance runner? At 12000 miles it is barely broken in. t:)

I would ask when the valves were last checked or if they have ever been checked for proper lash adjustment.

Noting there is a new rear tire, I would also wonder what lube was used for the differential splines, Honda M77?
 
Based on its apparent good condition and the low miles $3000 is a very good buy. Note that it is the non ABS version and it appears to have a Corbin saddle which some think is not very comfortable. You might want to ask the owner if they still have the stock saddle. Other than getting any maintenance records you should be good to go.
 
$3k for a Cali bike, that's a deal. I paid $3,200 for mine last year, it required a little attention as all the black plastic parts were faded and sun damaged.

I would look for signs of both oil and coolant leaks. Look around at all the seals on the engine that are visible. Pay close attention to any smells as the engine is warming up. Check the engine oil's color. When cranking the engine if the clock and odometer "Blank Out" as this is a sign that the battery will soon be going out on you. Check the condition of the tires as well.

Ask for all receipts and all service records, if they are available.
 
These bikes are hard to find out here in California as it did not sell very well, especially in So Cal.

I found a bike out in Lancaster for under $3,500 on Craigslist, it looks clean. If you are interested Craigslist - 2010 Honda NT700V

I had to drive to Crestline to get mine, which was over 80 miles one way there from where I live. Do not fear to make a drive out to a far location to find a bike. You will soon find out that not too many will be in your backyard or in the same area code.
 

Attachments

  • 00w0w_9W4pAtStkCv_1200x900.jpg
    00w0w_9W4pAtStkCv_1200x900.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
That looks like its in really good condition. It must have been stored under a roof based on the condition of the black plastic that still looks black. Looks like a good buy for someone that can appreciate it.
 
That looks like its in really good condition. It must have been stored under a roof based on the condition of the black plastic that still looks black. Looks like a good buy for someone that can appreciate it.

Considering the location shown on the map is out in the Antelope Valley not far from where I grew up. The weather is harsh in both the summer and winter there for here in So Cal. The map shows it's out on 140th St East near Avenue H out in Lancaster.

I have narrowed the exact location to a handful of possible houses in the surrounding area where the bike is possibly at. I can tell you not too many people out there that would be remotely interested in this bike. The competition is quite minimal out there. People out there would be more interested in dirt bikes, quads, and what else not.
 
Last edited:
Do not fear to make a drive out to a far location to find a bike. You will soon find out that not too many will be in your backyard or in the same area code.

I drove from KY to TN to get mine......it was worth it to get a 6 year old bike with only 1,000 miles on it. (Bought mine 2 years ago).
 
What is their asking price for it? If it's over $4,500, then they'd be ripping you off.

Maybe you can use the current market values for these bikes as leverage with this dealer. Nada Guides - 2011 Honda
NT700VAB (ABS) Prices


To answer your question regarding why this bike did not poorly in Los Angeles. The fact is that LA's Market is mainly Sports bikes a and Cruisers. It was seriously underpowered and unappealing these groups.
 
Last edited:
Enjoy, if you happy with the NT you purchased wonderful. Seems there are a few motorcycles sitting in showrooms, many different models and brands for a few years. I have seen local dealers list some NOS bikes with discounts.
 
Asking price for my new leftover 2011 NT was $5499, literally less than 1/2 the original MSRP. Full Honda warranty, fresh fluids and a new battery with a pigtail on it, is a bargain to me. Perfect machine for me with ABS, storage, shaft etc.

Considered the NC700 briefly but they were priced higher + fees and I couldn’t get abs unless I went for a DCT model which doesn’t interest me.

A great addition to my garage.

At that price, I would want at a minimum a fresh set of tires of my choosing included as those on the bike are at least 7 years old. I would also push for the Honda Protection Plan to push the warranty out to 5 years.

Good luck with your negotiations. I am sure that they are motivated to see the bike to go away as soon as possible. I think that you are in a good position of leverage.
 
I agree with you 100%. The B King is a kick *** bike. It's basically a naked Hayabusa. It's an absolute thrill to ride. By the way, I sold my NT700 because I have 5 bikes: 2015 Concours, 2014 FJR, 2017 Yamaha FZ6R, the B King and a 2016 NC700 which replaced the NT. Now I've got to fight the urge to buy a Kawasaki ZX 14, but I don't think I can tolerate the riding position. Like I need another bike. OK I admit it; I'm a bike *****. But at age 69, I've learned I won't live forever so I want to have fun while I'm still here.
 
This may sound irresponsible, but I have this goal to go at least 130 mph every time I ride, even for just a second. The NC700 is the only one that can't get there. I've got chronic lymphoma, but doing OK now, so I'm pretty sure I won't live forever, and I'm still working, so my goal is to ride kickass bikes very fast until I can't anymore. And the Kawasaki ZX 14 keeps calling to me. Get behind me, Satan! I've been riding 55 years and have totalled a couple of bikes, so I know the risks, but I'm probably not going to change how I ride.
 
[...These bikes are hard to find out here in California as it did not sell very well, especially in So Cal...]

I don't think they sold especially well in any region of the US, which is probably why they stopped selling them after the 2011 model year. The MSRP price ($9,999 non-ABS and $10,999 for ABS) was $1500-$2000 too high for most buyers.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom