Handlebar Vibration Dampening...

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Still working on Handlebar Vibration Dampening, I got a pair of fat bar riser mount clamp adapter (22mm to 28mm) with only about 20mm rise. cost $15 used the old Honda grip rubber for dampening, I mocked it up on some other bars to get a ideal if it would work, will try it on the bike soon. pics....

Last edited:
good idea, but would that not result in slippery joint to the handlebar.. one bump and the bar rotates... might look solid when stationary, but dynamic impact forces are much bigger...

good idea, but would that not result in slippery joint to the handlebar.. one bump and the bar rotates... might look solid when stationary, but dynamic impact forces are much bigger...
[/QUO
Still working on Handlebar Vibration Dampening, I got a pair of fat bar riser mount clamp adapter (22mm to 28mm) with only about 20mm rise. cost $15 used the old Honda grip rubber for dampening, I mocked it up on some other bars to get a ideal if it would work, will try it on the bike soon. pics....

Things I tried didn't work so I bought the Rox Anti Vibe 2" risers hope this takes care of the vibes & that I can get the handlebars about a inch closer to me,if this don't work the bike's for sale!

Attachments

• 20191218_161731.jpg
    20191218_161731.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Vibration is too complex to model. Do not spend money until you have explored the free cure.

First, make sure that there is no slack in the steering head. Loosen then retighten the handlebar mounts then the same with the engine mounts. If that does not work, loosen the engine mounts again, then lift the engine with a jack. Retighten the mounts. Play around with these things before spending money.

Vibration is too complex to model. Do not spend money until you have explored the free cure.

First, make sure that there is no slack in the steering head. Loosen then retighten the handlebar mounts then the same with the engine mounts. If that does not work, loosen the engine mounts again, then lift the engine with a jack. Retighten the mounts. Play around with these things before spending money.
I'll put money on the steering head bearings needing tightened. loosening engine mounts, jacking up the engine retighting the bolts sounds like a thing to try too! Thank's for the ideals Nick.

Back
Top Bottom