76º - December 15th

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yesterday was a warm, mild but exceedingly windy day. This ties the record warmth in 1948. I had a chance to go for a putt and enjoy the balmy weather. I headed off north and was enjoying the ride immensely until I changed my direction to the west. Wow, what a difference! The winds were from the south at about 20 mph with gusts to 45 and 50mph. The moment I pointed Travellers nose to the west I knew my ride would be cut short, as my intended route was about 30 miles almost due west along the flat bottomland along the Missouri river. Immediately, I was leaning steadily to the left as I countered the steady winds but the gusts were strong and unpredictable. I continued a few miles and decided that any enjoyment I would derive from the warm ride would be overcome dealing with the gusty conditions, so sadly, I turned around and headed home. Many times during my long safaris I have had to deal with gusty conditions but since this was just a pleasure ride I opted to forego further travel.

Mike

Very high winds here in Colorado also. Plus - it was trash and recycle pickup day. The winds blew over the trash and recycle carts. The trash carts had bags inside, not so for the recycle carts. I had wrapping paper, cardboard, beer cans, glass jars and bottles (some broken) and then the carts themselves all over my property. I managed to get most of it picked up and back into the carts (my neighbors carts from across the street) and the carts secured against my fence. Now I had to watch for the recycle and trash trucks. So I could get the carts out to the street for them. It was way too windy for riding!!

Very high winds here in Colorado also. Plus - it was trash and recycle pickup day. The winds blew over the trash and recycle carts. The trash carts had bags inside, not so for the recycle carts. I had wrapping paper, cardboard, beer cans, glass jars and bottles (some broken) and then the carts themselves all over my property. I managed to get most of it picked up and back into the carts (my neighbors carts from across the street) and the carts secured against my fence. Now I had to watch for the recycle and trash trucks. So I could get the carts out to the street for them. It was way too windy for riding!!
You're on a BMW now... don't you have a crew for that now?

"...You're on a BMW now... don't you have a crew for that now?.. :rofl1:

It was in the high-50s early this morning with moderate to heavy winds. The temps have risen a few degrees now and the wind continues, plus we have light rain. I rode yesterday and it was windy in the PM but am not riding today because I have plenty of "round tu-it" winter projects to get done.

Last edited:
You're on a BMW now... don't you have a crew for that now?

Go easy on him Mellow, he is still learnin' all the tricks of BMW ownership... Why he probably ain't perfected snobbish yet either!

:rofl1:

Mike

Camaro!!!! <gasp!!!!> When you defect to the dark side, you don't fool around, do you?

Mike

Camaro!!!! <gasp!!!!> When you defect to the dark side, you don't fool around, do you?

There are very few convertible choices now days...especially American brands. After numerous Mustangs it was time for a change....and I hadn't owned a Camaro since my 1977 Camaro LT.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Well, that's different, that's just plain crazy! :oops:

This coming from a guy who traded a Yamaha for a BMW... 🙄 :rofl1:

There are very few convertible choices now days...especially American brands. After numerous Mustangs it was time for a change....and I hadn't owned a Camaro since my 1977 Camaro LT.

View attachment 18783

This coming from a guy who traded a Yamaha for a BMW... 🙄 :rofl1:
Well, Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Yamaha-to-Suzuki-to-Yamaha-to-Yamaha-to-BMW......

Back
Top Bottom