“Come on, Decepticon punk!”

That has got to be a kid magnet!

Mike

It already hooked a "big kid"...
;)
The generation has a lot to do with it. I have been G1 (Generation 1) Transformer Fan since 1984.

d8742e169ef539ddf864dbf3d242c792.jpg

This is Bumblebee I remember and was to my generation.

That version of Bumblebee is geared toward Gen Z, my children's generation.

I remember "watching" Sky King and Sgt Preston on the radio. You had to have an imagination. Something severly lacking in many people today.

And then there was The Shadow, The Green Hornet, True Detective Mysteries, The Lone Ranger, The Inner Sanctum - all before TV.

I enjoyed the radio programs when I was a tyke as well. In fact, to this day I prefer radio over TV

I enjoyed the radio programs when I was a tyke as well. In fact, to this day I prefer radio over TV

Same here, I don't watch TV at all, radio is my favorite, lots of internet radio stations to listen to nowadays.

One of my favorites from the past was "Doctor Demento". Anybody else remember it?

Wow, you guys are old !!!!!!!! 😲

My favorite radio programs were Straight Arrow, Clyde Beatty, and the Lone Ranger. I spent hours lying on the living room floor in front of the radio "watching" those programs. I saw my first TV in the late 1940s at a neighbor, Garfield Peterson's house. It looked like an oscilloscope. Had a round screen and was in color too (green and black). That was the same day that Garfield showed me how to trim mules hooves.

The first program I remember watching on our own TV was President Eisenhower's inauguration. Those were the days my friends.

My all time favorite was Jean Shepard "Live from the Limelight..."

Wow, you guys are old !!!!!!!! 😲

My favorite radio programs were Straight Arrow, Clyde Beatty, and the Lone Ranger. I spent hours lying on the living room floor in front of the radio "watching" those programs. I saw my first TV in the late 1940s at a neighbor, Garfield Peterson's house. It looked like an oscilloscope. Had a round screen and was in color too (green and black). That was the same day that Garfield showed me how to trim mules hooves.

The first program I remember watching on our own TV was President Eisenhower's inauguration. Those were the days my friends.
With utmost respect, you all are discussing things that predate me by at least two decades or more. Therefore you all have earned the "Old Geezer" status. If my father were alive today, he'd be 91 and older than most of you.

The Whistler and The Shadow were being played on Armed Forces Network (AFN) radio in Korea in the 70's. I used to listen to them while working mid shift.

With utmost respect, you all are discussing things that predate me by at least two decades or more. Therefore you all have earned the "Old Geezer" status. If my father were alive today, he'd be 91 and older than most of you.

Sorry to hear that you were born about a generation too late Bruce.

Back
Top Bottom