Bought NT700: no tool kit

They're intended for emergencies... crapped out at the shoulder you need to do something...
Like the lug-wrench or the jack coming in a car's kit... you'd use that once or maybe twice in a lifetime...
Whilst I'd have to admit that the spark plug wrench coming with the Honda bikes is the most practical for the job... :cool:
I use mine to do most of the work on the bike! Yes, I do need some other tools but, it's surprising how useful it is.

I use mine to do most of the work on the bike! Yes, I do need some other tools but, it's surprising how useful it is.
BTDT (back in the early 90ies... ;) ), and they're indeed surprisingly rigid, but a proper socket kit and a set of combination spanners greatly reduce the risks of rounding off bolt heads, bruised knuckles, use of fancy language, etc... especially when it comes to JIS cross-head screws...

My 2019 Yamaha did come with a tool kit that but it only has an Allen wrench, screwdriver and a wrench to adjust the rear shocks. Those tools were selected so that the rider can adjust just those common things like moving the windscreen height and adjusting the shocks.

I wonder if the screw driver in these tools kits are JIS

Here are pictures of the tool kits from a 1983 Honda Aspencade and from my 2003 ST1300

This was given to me by my neighbor after he sold his old Aspencade
SAM_7876.JPGSAM_7877.JPG

Tool Kit 2003 ST1300 Missing the Sparkplug wrench. It is in my roll around toolbox for use on my other bikes.
SAM_7878.JPG

Back
Top Bottom