Comparison Tracer and Niken

Since the Niken won't support itself in the upright position, I really can't see any advantage for those who don't ride aggressively. I do see a lot of downsides though.

Mike

Since the Niken won't support itself in the upright position, I really can't see any advantage for those who don't ride aggressively. I do see a lot of downsides though.

Mike
Exactly.. we were talking about that this past week at the Rally... if it stood up like the Piaggio scooters then it would make more sense but otherwise, just get a Tracer.

Every time I ride around a lake area, I find gravel on every curve and many intersections from boat trailers. I once dumped my bike on freshly painted white line on a turn (to a street) that had sand on it I did not notice till I was on the ground. The front tire just slide and I could not right the lean. I wonder if two front wheels would of helped?

Every time I ride around a lake area, I find gravel on every curve and many intersections from boat trailers. I once dumped my bike on freshly painted white line on a turn (to a street) that had sand on it I did not notice till I was on the ground. The front tire just slide and I could not right the lean. I wonder if two front wheels would of helped?

According to all the reviews I've read, that kind of situation is exactly the Niken's strongest suit. I think they made a mistake by not having a lock up connected to the front end when stopped. But I'll be durned if I'd ever buy one. Granted, since I don't think I'll ever buy another motorcycle after my NT, I'm not the critic that Yamaha will pay any attention to. :)

If I wanted a motorcycle that weighed 600+ pounds and cost that much I'd buy a BMW R1200 RT and be real comfortable. The Niken might turn out to be another Corvair (lots of incredible engineering that people will buy).

Buy one, not very likely for me. I may have found my next one.14350

Last edited:
Don't forget the headrest on the back seat and the super sweet basket on the back.

ABS Yep A Big Seat, Cruse, too. Only one thing needed to add. I hope I'll be ready for such a fine machine and can do it justice on the twisties.

Tour de France, I was surprised to the number of Nikens in the tour. I think some where refs, and some camera. In the past I think Kawasaki had all support with the old Concours, this year I don't think I am seeing one.

Back
Top Bottom