[Review] Corbin seat with red trim

I received my Corbin seat for my Red NT. It looks great! I have only completed about 30 miles on it so I don't know exactly how it feels yet. I will say I don't slide and I sit more erect. The seat does lower me about a 1/2 inch which affords me to have my feet on the ground not just the balls of my feet (30 1/2 inseam). I do have one issue that I was able to resolve. I could not latch it down. The latch on the seat wouldn't go down far enough to lock in. I made a gasket with 1/4 gasket material from a local hardware shop. I placed it under the plate on the bottom of the seat and it clicked in nicely. I sent an email to Corbin to let them know about the problem.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Igo

I received my Corbin seat for my Red NT. It looks great! I have only completed about 30 miles on it so I don't know exactly how it feels yet. I will say I don't slide and I sit more erect. The seat does lower me about a 1/2 inch which affords me to have my feet on the ground not just the balls of my feet (30 1/2 inseam). I do have one issue that I was able to resolve. I could not latch it down. The latch on the seat wouldn't go down far enough to lock in. I made a gasket with 1/4 gasket material from a local hardware shop. I placed it under the plate on the bottom of the seat and it clicked in nicely. I sent an email to Corbin to let them know about the problem.

Jim
It looks great. Does it make you sit more foward or further back than the stock seat? Is there more seat under you/in contact with you than the stock seat?

OP
OP
nccmpig
You may have noticed my wife's Nissan Sentra is pretty much the same color. My Ford Fusion is also and I didn't even think about it when I bought the Ford. All three sitting in the garage looks kinda weird! : D I called my order in and I received the seat in about 10 days. I know people have been confused by the way it is listed. They told me when I called that the seat comes the way it is in the picture, which is no stitching. I told them I wanted the one just like the picture so I ordered like Andy did, no stitching. If you are concerned about the trim color, they will send you swatches at not charge to look at. I was surprised the candy red vinyl looked the way it did. I am very happy with the match. As for where you sit, I sit about one inch from the butt stop which makes my reach a little longer. I enjoy that position much better. It is a tiny bit wider but it seems to spread out the seat over your backside much better. It is thinner than the stock seat but feels more supportive. Now I am just waiting for my larger lids from Gordon Bisson to come in.. My order was the following base on the invoice I received with the seat:
H-NT-&V Canyon Dual Sport-no heat-Honda NT700V S/N: 2350692
Black leather seating
Standard stitch
Black sides
Candy Red Vinyl welt #31

Btw, they told me they had received at least one order every day for the NT in the past few weeks.

Jim

Last edited:

Igo

One inch further reach just isn't what I wanted to hear. I'm going to have to put ape hangers on this thing to get my seating position upright.
Thank you sir for the report.

Igo

I've looked at your images very carefully and I am sure the cut of your seat will be much more comfortable than the stock seat. I just ordered the Corbin. I put a Mustang on my last bike and it saved my arse.

OP
OP
nccmpig
Igo, I like to sit back and the Corbin will hold you there. On the OEM seat I would slide forward. If you sit forward on the Corbin it will hold you there. So it would be your choice. Again, the main reason I wanted the Corbin was to be able to sit back and not slide. When I slid forward it caused me to bend over too much.

Jim

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
It looks really nice. I hope I can afford one just like it before Summer. I can't stand paying full price for new, but there is no hope of one showing up on Ebay, cheap. , so I'll just have to suck it up and dive in.

Igo

Igo, I like to sit back and the Corbin will hold you there. On the OEM seat I would slide forward. If you sit forward on the Corbin it will hold you there. So it would be your choice. Again, the main reason I wanted the Corbin was to be able to sit back and not slide. When I slid forward it caused me to bend over too much.

Jim
Thank you sir. I ordered the Corbin hopin' and'a prayin' it will do the trick.

olderthandirt1

Just finished 150 mile ride with the wife. Her assessment of the Corbin was not good. In fact she said get rid of it! If you look at the passenger seat you will notice
not much seat and a pronounced rise at the back. Anyone wanting a Corbin with backrest ......mine will be for sale soon.

Igo

Wow. I hate to hear that. I just ordered a Corbin but I have no passengers.

olderthandirt1

The corbin seat for the rider is great.I have no problems with it. I was just giving a heads up on the passenger seat.

fpavko

If you still have it around the end of March, I will be interested. My plan is to get the red one but until I purchase I can't be sure. Target is mid-March.

Igo

The corbin seat for the rider is great.I have no problems with it. I was just giving a heads up on the passenger seat.
I understand. I have read that they took real estate from the back to cater to the pilot. I was hoping so in my case.

OP
OP
nccmpig
I have about 500 miles on my new Corbin and I love it. I would never go back to the OEM seat (unless I rip it or something stupid like that).

Jim

Igo

My new Corbin will be here in the morning. I expect it will be the most effective farkle for my bike.

Silver Ranger

I know people have been confused by the way it is listed. They told me when I called that the seat comes the way it is in the picture, which is no stitching. I told them I wanted the one just like the picture so I ordered like Andy did, no stitching.
I ordered my Corbin today and the sales rep on the phone was very helpful. :smile: After telling her what seat I wanted I explained that I was concerned about losing 1? in seat height being that I am 6?2? with a 34? inseam. She suggested that I have the seat made with 1? extra foam. The order states ?move rider back 1? for more leg room, add 1? of foam in seat. Guest does not want to lose the stock height.?

The next item we discussed was the stitching in the seat because of what was posted by Tromper in a different thread.

Hello Jon,
Unfortunately we are not able to make the cover in all one piece of
material for various reason also this will void your warranty you
have on your seat. If you are going to be in different types of
weather conditions then Vinyl would be the best way to go. And It
does dry fast then the leather would. If you have any other questions
and or concerns please feel free to let us know.
Marissa
She, Marissa, told me that the seating surface was two pieces one for the driver and one for the rider so I could have a different stitch if I wanted. :confused: She then suggested that the ST1100 stitching would look good. I asked a second time about the cover not being all one piece. :shrug2: She said it was, so I placed my order as listed below. She estimated 4 to 5 week delivery. It will be interesting to see what I actually receive. If it looks like Jim?s seat I will still be happy.:hat1:

Canyon Dual Sport ? no heat ? Honda NT700V
Move rider back 1? for more leg room, add 1? of foam in seat. Guest does not want to lose the stock height.
Black Leather Seating, #01
DT Stitch pattern, seating
Black sides
Candy Red Vinyl welt #31

Igo

You'll probably get your seat in 2 weeks. They are ahead of schedule.

Silver Ranger

I’m in no big rush being in Wisconsin. The snow is about gong however the roads are covered with salt. We need a few warm days with rain to wash it off and clean things up. The last rain did not do much good because it left several inches of ice on everything. Besides I still need to install the farkles I purchased over the winter. My son will be home from college next week and I hope to convince him to give a hand with them.

Top Bottom