Givi LED lights (question about wiring)

Motero

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Hi everybody,
I just purchased a Givi top case (the big guy, E55) with LED brake lights already installed. Both rack and case are already in place and now I am ready to connect the lights to the NT wires but as usual, GIVI directions are useless.
I have been checking out previous threads on Admore kits but still have a question: do I need to tap into the positive and negative wires of the same tail bulb or one of each?
Thanks.

do I need to tap into the positive and negative wires of the same tail bulb or one of each?

As a general rule you should never cross connect between dedicated harnesses as it could create a nasty ground loop problem. So if you are only connecting brake lights pick one brake light harness and connect both wires to it... There is nothing to gain splitting the wires anyway...:D

Thank you for the advice. The installation is done now. It took longer than expected because the connectors that come with the Givi kit are much bulkier than the posi-taps that come with the Admore kits, making it more difficult to handle the wires (there is not a lot of wire to work with at the tail harnesses). Hopefully they will stay in place for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom