HeliBars

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Hey everyone
FieroGuy is thinking about Helibars to help with some lower back pain. I know some of you have the system : maybe you could post some feedback on this thread to help him decide if its the right direction to go

Just so you know, I sent "HeliBars Replacement Handlebars and Handlebars Systems for Motorcycles" a PM on FaceBook... asking for a discount on a set of HeliBars. They replied to me that the $300 "IS" the discounted price, but they offered me FREE shipping anywhere in the US... and that save me $20. But hey, $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

For any of you that are "on the fence" about whether to cough up the $300 for the HeliBars... let me tell you... it is WELL worth the investment... I went for my first bike ride today (7/7/13) after getting my HeliBars installed and the difference in comfort, seating, position, and handling is AMAZING.... I wish I hadn't "mulled it over" for so long when trying to decide whether to fork out that much money on the HeliBars... I LOVE HELIBARS!

Before HeliBars, I had to lean forward more that I comfortably wanted to... I had to sit more "forward" on the seat that I comfortably wanted to... and my slow maneuvering turns were never confident or comfortable. The HeliBars changed all of that for me. Today my NT was an absolute pleasure to ride. I was crazy for waiting so long to order mine. Next to new front/rear tires, the HeliBars is the best $300 investment I could've made.

FYI: I am 5' 6" tall, female, which means I have shorter arms and legs for riding my NT700. The HeliBars are SO worth it... I don't know how to say it any other way except: "Buy them!!! You won't regret it!"

Daboo:
My guess is your is more of a "seat" problem than a "riser" problem... I broke my tailbone when I was very young, and now at 48 I notice that my seat is not so "comfortable" on long trips either. My tailbone becomes UNcomforatable. I am getting ready to ship my stock NT700 seat to "Spencer" for a seat modification. Don't know if you've heard of him, but if not, then check out his website: www.greatdaytoride.com ..... There has never been a BAD review of his handy work. And if I'm not mistaken, I think he owns an NT as well. There has been MANY posts about Spencer and his seat mods on the NT forum...

Thanks! The whole ergonomic part of a motorcycle is all interrelated from where your footpegs are, to how far you reach for the handlebars. I'm checking out his seat info now.

Chris

Based on my wife's feedback, the HeliBars not only had her sitting further back on the seat but she was sitting on more of the rear portion of her butt. The shorter reach looks to have allowed her to rotate her hips up/back reducing pressure on her inner thighs and placing my pressure on her butt. This really improved her seat comfort. This however may not improve yours.

If you sit straighter up you will put more pressure on your tailbone, not less. The only real way to fix that is with a seat mod. I'd make sure you tell the seat person what your problem is or it might not get fixed.

Daboo might want to try putting in your specs. at this site and it might help you make up your mind on your sitting position. http://cycle-ergo.com/
That what determined for to buy the HeliBars.

I bought my Helibars before I injured my back. Ended up being a smart buy; I am still on a lifting restriction, but I did a 70 mile drive yesterday with no issues. (Would have been much longer, but I had to turn around and was chased by a thunderstorm, got soaked the last few miles.
I highly recommend the Helibars.

Paul

The bars give you 2 1/2 Height and 3 1/2 pullback. You can see the difference the Helibars will make for you with different modes.

I had Helibars installed Thursday and went for a short ride which seemed to make a big difference in how I reached for the grips. I'm going to go out for a longer ride this morning to test the comfort level.

I am one who must add his +1 to the Helibars. I've had mine for a month now, and love them. They are very nicely made and look great, but more importantly have made the NT comfortable for me. I knew before I bought my NT that I would have to do something about the forward lean - and the Helibars were perfect.

Just to resurrect this old thread - -

Still have my Helibars - and love them! I could not ride my NT without them.

For those of you who have them installed on your NT, you know the company includes a longer clutch cable with the kit. I'm not having even the least bit of trouble, but I'd like to have a spare around so that I'm not groping around trying to find one when the cable breaks.

I'd heard that the Transalp clutch cable fits with Helibars? Anybody know for sure or am I going to have to have a custom cable made?

Doug,

Have you tried contacting Heli themselves? I have 45,000 plus miles on mine so far and no wear problems at this point, My service guy makes sure my cables are all lubed at every service!

Eldon

[For those of you who have them installed on your NT, you know the company includes a longer clutch cable with the kit.]

I was under the impression that the HeliBar kit for NT700 included longer cables for the throttle, clutch and longer front brake hose? Those three additions really make it a bargain even at $300 and I seriously considered making the plunge.

I went in another direction and bought Rox Risers/w rubber dampers and on my own had a longer brake hose made, and bought longer cables from Motion Pro.

Last edited:
[For those of you who have them installed on your NT, you know the company includes a longer clutch cable with the kit.]

I was under the impression that the HeliBar kit for NT700 included longer cables for the throttle, clutch and longer front brake hose? Those three additions really make it a bargain even at $300 and I seriously considered making the plunge.

I went in another direction and bought Rox Risers/w rubber dampers and on my own had a longer brake hose made, and bought longer cables from Motion Pro.

You're correct - you get all three, but the clutch is the only wear item.

I'd heard that the Transalp clutch cable fits with Helibars?

I have BMW K75 bars on my NT and I use the Transalp clutch cable. It's about 2" longer than the stock cable and works fine with the higher bars. If the Helibars people won't sell you a cable separately, or they want an outrageous price, I'd suggest you try the Transalp cable. It's a good quality cable. I have a spare and I doubt that I'll ever need it.

I have BMW K75 bars on my NT and I use the Transalp clutch cable. It's about 2" longer than the stock cable and works fine with the higher bars. If the Helibars people won't sell you a cable separately, or they want an outrageous price, I'd suggest you try the Transalp cable. It's a good quality cable. I have a spare and I doubt that I'll ever need it.

That's the information I wanted - thanx.

Back
Top Bottom