HMW Roundels

Help me with this thought (?) ... " is a 250cc bike really 'safe' to ride in moderate street + primary road traffic ?? " ...

Clearly, our NT's have sufficient power for any situation I've encountered (plus excellent braking) ... would a 350#/250cc (assume excellent braking)?

My first 125cc bike was great on our Missouri 'farm roads' & pasture lands (loved that bike!) ... but, it sure wouldn't work as a city rider today ...

any thoughts would be helpful, as I really am 'taken' with this 250cc possibility!

ken

Obviously I can't speak to the new CBRs but Honda has long made excellent road-worthy bikes in 250cc. A friend of mine has an eighty-something VTR250. It was released as the Interceptor's little brother, then dropped fro the US market after just a few years. I've ridden it. It's a blast. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on the interstate for local rides but I would hesitate to take it across a few states.

Honda still makes the VTR250, they just don't import it here anymore. It used to be called the Baby-Ceptor, now they call it the Baby Monster because it has the exposed trellis frame which makes it look like the Ducati. I understand it's very popular in Europe and Asia.

Couple questions: First, what's with Honda dealers not wanting to allow test drives? I've read about it on other forums, this forum and I experienced it in 2 different shops personally. When I went to test the NT they said, "no". I said, "I don't concider spending $10,000 without a test drive". Then the guy went and got the key.

Question 2 is actually related to the thread at hand. What is the significance of the roundels? I get it for BMW, it's their logo. But how does that translate to Honda, Suzuki, etc?

Question 2 is actually related to the thread at hand. What is the significance of the roundels? I get it for BMW, it's their logo. But how does that translate to Honda, Suzuki, etc?

It's a joke, Max. Most people think about sport-touring-type bikes, they think BMW. BMW riders can be a tad pretentious. The NT is hardly pretentious. I think it's funny. If you don't, that's cool.

I do get the joke and do find it funny. I guess my confusion came in when I saw people soiling their NT's with stickers for the sake of a joke. I figured there had to be a deeper meaning to it all with the "joke" being secondary. A magnet would seem better, even a removable color form would be fine. But a sticker is pretty permanent. To each his own I guess. Thanks for the explanation though.

Max said: " But a sticker is pretty permanent. To each his own I guess. Thanks for the explanation though. "

Permanent is OK. I'll have this bike a long, long time.

Back
Top Bottom