[Review] Honda Knee Pad Set PN 8P72-MEW-100 Install and Review

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
When I bought my bike I ordered some of the Honda options and included the Knee Pad Set in my order. At the time I thought they might help protect the tank and add some comfort. Since the dealer did not have any of the options in stock it was a "blind purchase" based on the descriptions and photos on the Honda website.

In the case of the Knee Pad Set I initially decided to return them after seeing what they really are and what they do, or don't do, for the NT. However since they were a "special order" part they were non-returnable... After having them sitting in my garage for a couple months, adding to the general clutter, yesterday I installed them.

The Good: The parts are easy to install using double sided red 3M molding tape. Honda includes a adhesion enhancer that I chose not to use so as not to damage the base parts if these ever come off. It took all of five minutes to align and install them so that part is easy....

The Bad: The problem is that in my opinion this accessory does nothing for the bike. They don't really protect against scratches and they are too thin, all of an eighth of an inch maybe, to add any significant comfort.

Summary: This is a Honda accessory I do not recommend purchasing based on the value added for the price paid....save your farkle money.

Installed Pictures:

Left Side Rear View

Left Side Front View

Right Side Rear View

Top Bottom