However one rides the NT hopefully they appreciate the bike more each mile.
That is my case....I got home from a cross-country ride Monday and the odo is now a little over 36,000 miles.
In a previous post I listed some "nit picky stuff" about the bike;
#3 - I tried adjusting the brake but it simply does not work, the first week I had the bike I tested to e-brake to see how strong it was and the bike rolled down the slight incline of my driveway. So I keep a small belt with a clip connector in my tank bag. If I have to park the bike somewhere on a down hill....before I dismount I use the little belt to squeeze the front brake until I return.
#4 - no change in that one, but becoming less of a bother.
#5 - I'm trying to get in the habit of resting my right hand on the tank bag at stoplights.
#6 - Also no change but .....meh..
#7 - Yes the S-Ten is a hard act to follow...but the NT is growing on me!
That is my case....I got home from a cross-country ride Monday and the odo is now a little over 36,000 miles.
In a previous post I listed some "nit picky stuff" about the bike;
#3 - I tried adjusting the brake but it simply does not work, the first week I had the bike I tested to e-brake to see how strong it was and the bike rolled down the slight incline of my driveway. So I keep a small belt with a clip connector in my tank bag. If I have to park the bike somewhere on a down hill....before I dismount I use the little belt to squeeze the front brake until I return.
#4 - no change in that one, but becoming less of a bother.
#5 - I'm trying to get in the habit of resting my right hand on the tank bag at stoplights.
#6 - Also no change but .....meh..
#7 - Yes the S-Ten is a hard act to follow...but the NT is growing on me!
Now for some nit picky stuff:
3 - The "Park brake" is worthless....not "kind of worthless", but "totally worthless". Maybe mine isn't adjusted right....but there you go.
4 - I haven't yet figured out how to adjust the Engine braking/ Torque/ Power to 100% for each one. Each time I've tried at least one of the bars comes up. This probably isn't making sense, and I am NOT a techy, and I could be wrong and if I'm wrong I would be glad if someone could school me on this part...
5 - My advice is at stop lights either take your hand off the throttle or put the bike in neutral... Trust me on this one you don't want your hand to slip on the throttle or forget what bike you are on and blip the throttle while your sitting all relaxed minding your own business at a stop light....
6 - The apple play screen etc is also worthless to me.. I haven't found any reason to use it. Riding back from an east coast ride, I ran into a couple NT guys who echoed that same thought.
7 - If I had it to do over.......I would probably have bought another Adventure tourer.