Looks like Honda finally has a viable NT700 replacement

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I just received an email on the new TransAlp. It looks pretty good and can be nicely outfitted for touring and other endeavors... See Here

PS: If you're just going to whine about the chain drive don't bother looking...;)

Not dissing the bike...its just not me.....Assessory prices are up there but everyone has that issue. .Gonna keep the 2015 VFR, 2017 V strom XT, and even the 2014 FJR for right now.
Yesterday I even rode a bit. Left over 2015, with bar risers, sliders, panniers, throttle lock, soft luggage carrier, tall screen with lip, and of course the standard heated grips and center stand was roughly $10,000. But that was 3-4 years ago.
a happy.jpga vfr.jpg

If you have a great bike like the VFR, then why bother with anything else...

The Transalp looks compelling, but really looks cheap to me. A parts bin bike. Like a bigger CB500X.

There's nothing like a V-twin, and I would really miss that in the Transalp. And yes, chain drive is primitive and a chore I am no longer interested in doing.

But if I wanted an adventure bike with Honda reliability, the Transalp would be worth a look. Heck, it doesn't have the 'adventure bike beak', which makes it worth a look just on that aspect!

Reactions: ett
No shaft drive, fairing, built-in hard saddlebags, V-twin engine, and not a sport-touring based platform. Not an NT replacement. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom