Lunasee wheel lights

CommuterNT

I was stumbling around the internet and came across this wheel lighting kit from Lunasee http://www.lunasee.com/. It looks like an excellent idea and product for passive light safety. You just might have to get over you bike looking a bit like Tron. Personally I kind of like the looks of it and based off of the videos they have on the site it looks like it gives you a very good visual profile.

Reflective-1_580x200-e1302722730797.jpg

From the pics it does really stand out and the large surface area on the wheels could be a huge advantage being seen from the side.
It would only help on a side view of course, but very interesting.

Brad

That's cool!! I may have to think about adding this. Sure helps with side sight illumination. Maybe I just got my own Christmas present!!

That's cool!! I may have to think about adding this. Sure helps with side sight illumination. Maybe I just got my own Christmas present!!

Let us know if you do end up buying this. I'm very curious as to how well it works and looks in real life. I've got a few other farkles before this could become an option and you would definitely beat me to it by Christmas.

Let us know if you do end up buying this. I'm very curious as to how well it works and looks in real life. I've got a few other farkles before this could become an option and you would definitely beat me to it by Christmas.
OK, I will let you know, just looked today at mounting options. I'm a machinist, so I can make any type of mount needed if the included hardware doesn't work. Right now thinking if I can make a 2 piece mount since it has to come off for tire changes and maybe to clean them. It will be for sure a challenge. Looking around mid Dec before I order them, waiting for my bonus! I work 3rd shift and ALWAYS ride to work at night, and sometimes come home in dark in winter. So I do alot of night driving, I think would help locate me better, and I sure I would get alot of "whats that on his wheels!" Have not had any real close calls, but extra light would always help.

CommuterNT, I just ordered this. Sam, this is not just any other LED light, patented style of wheel rim lights. You can't get this style anywhere else unless its pirated.
They had free holiday shipping and I told them they could join this site as a vendor, I think they are working on this.

Last edited:
CommuterNT, I just ordered this. Sam, this is not just any other LED light, patented style of wheel rim lights. You can't get this style anywhere else unless its pirated.
They had free holiday shipping and I told them they could join this site as a vendor, I think they are working on this.

I'm excited to hear what you think of them and how the install goes. Of course make sure to take lots of pictures. I'm at least a few months away from possibly getting them. I've been lighting the credit card up the last few months with fog lights, under cowl, knuckle deflector and this week a fuzeblock....sheesh. :eek1:

I put red reflective Rim Tape on both wheels---$12.95 at Dennis Kirk. They show up quite well---not as good as the LED.

I installed them this weekend. I will do a "how to install" soon as I get everything in order. I even took a short video. Its #1 better safety lighting , and #2 WOW factor.

I installed them this weekend. I will do a "how to install" soon as I get everything in order. I even took a short video. Its #1 better safety lighting , and #2 WOW factor.

I like your style Woodaddict:cool: Can't wait to see your pics and vid.

Back
Top Bottom