[Review] MCL Peg Lowerers

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Great info here, thanks!

I was about to post a thread with all the same questions answered here, lol.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Phil, I studied your picture. Left side is good to go. My concern is the right side--which is the brake side. I wear a relatively small shoe size- 9 1/2, 43 European. It appears that the MCL kit sticks out a bit farther than the original foot pegs. I have a set of lower pegs which have the same problem. If I can't find a lowering kit that maintains the same narrowness as the stock pegs, I will have to find a way to make the brake pedal wider or find a pedal that Honda makes for another model that fits the NT and is wider.
I went back to the stock because I had to radically "toe in" to use the brake---quite dangerous.

I am certain that someone in the NT Family will come up with an answer.
I to have the MCL peg lowerers and I also found the same, with the brake pedal. A pair of channel locks and a slight outward bend and the pedal now fits my size 10 right foot.

ntbob

This forum stuff is new to me so I'm not sure of protocol.
I bought a 2011 NT about 5 months ago and would like to see your pegs.
I live in Delray, but lived in Coral Springs for 25 years.
There are some other questions I have as well
many thanks,

bedelmann@comcast.net

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I just got these in, also ordered the handlebar riser kit so I'm going to install them both at the same time. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got 'em both, Bill, and they made a difference for me. Put some blue Loctite on the bolts on the peg lowerers, BTW.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I read in one of your postings that you tried another brand of pegs or lowering kit, what brand was it and why did you switch to MCL? From what I have seen it looks like MCL kit puts the pegs out further than the Knight pegs.
Thanks, Ron
I started with these while using the stock pegs, but droped them with the new running boards as they have their own drop built in, though its fixed at 3/4" but thats enough for me.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
No. There's a linkage adjustment. Get a shop manual or let your dealer do it.

Bike
2010 Red NT700v
So, with the adjustable peg lowers....do they adjust in particular steps, (.5 , 1.0, 1.5 inches, etc.) or do they adjust with more flexibility than that?
I am on the fence about getting fixed versus adjustable. My guess is I will put them at 1.5 inches and leave them there....
I also put on MCL risers a few weeks ago and I am generally happy with the improvement for me, but now I see that Twisted Throttle have risers that not only are 1 inch up, but also 1 inch back.....hmm....http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2016/218/

freezingalaskan
I've been considering risers also. Up AND Back 1" would be better than just up 1"...but does anyone know if that will be a problem with cables etc? My front brake hose already looks like there's little room for extra length.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Those worked well...though I didn't need them once I switched to the running boards which had their own drop built in.

Top Bottom