Mirrors, How Durable?

Bike
2010 Red NT700V #0439
I picked up my, new to me, 2010 red NT. Has 25K miles but from what I read, just getting broken in. So far I love the bike but have a question about the mirrors. On my C10 Connie, the mirrors were fragile. I put a cover on the bike every day at work to protect from the elements. The cover is tight and moves the mirror arms and mirrors so every time I have to readjust them before I ride. Will they take that or will they become loose and be a problem? So far they are rock solid steady and work very well, just don't want to create a problem with them. Thanks

Mine are fine and I've never heard of any complaints about them.

Last edited:
If the cover is so tight that it is moving the mirrors you might want to think about getting a larger one. I also put a cover on and off every day since I am a commuter and have been doing so since I bought my NT in 2010. So far the mirrors are still tight and remain in adjustment. My cover does not put enough pressure on them that they move so I am not adjusting them daily unless I happen to bump into them when I am removing the cover.

They are not particularly durable if you hit a deer's antler with them. They'll break right off.

Japanese quality just isn't what it used to be. :-(

Thanks for the info, I got the cover at Cycle Gear, will look for a larger one. It is nice to have someone with experience on this bike!

I keep a cover on mine. Sometimes, in taking it off or putting it on, I move the mirrors. Never a problem.

Mine is always covered with a Heavy Duty cover (except when I am riding it !!) and I have had no problem with the mirrors moving.
I have chosen not to use the cover when mobile as it tends to flap too much in the wind. :rofl1:

Macka

When I get a larger cover, Macka, I promise to remove it before riding:smile: Too bad you are so far away, I think I would enjoy riding with you. Appreciate the tip.

Back
Top Bottom