National Cycle Windshield 2010 NT700V

Joined
Aug 19, 2026
Messages
4
Location
Godfrey, IL
Bike
2010 NT700V
Sharing for those that may benefit. The Honda windshield, even at its highest elevation, still left my whole head and then some over the acrylic. (I only purchased the bike early this year, so it's been a season of experimenting.) After a mid-summer 700+ mile interstate trip that beat me up rather convincingly, I started looking at windshield replacement options and landed on the National Cycle solution.

First, after receiving it, I was surprised it was polycarbonate. Shame on me for not reading the details. Most would consider this a plus, but I happen to prefer the optical quality of acrylic over the polycarbonate. It does, however, have a hard protective coating over it which mitigates my other concern that it would take scratches and normal pock mocks more impactfully than acrylic. (20 years in the plastics industry - so I have technical baggage on the subject). Enough on the substrate.

For city riding, the new screen is a total game changer. Adjusting the position not at its highest level, I'm able to just "see" over the screen - which is perfect and I get all the comfort I expected from buffeting.

At speeds of 70+ however (interstate), especially where you're exposed to cross winds, the experience changes to be a negative. The screen catches too much of cross winds making the bike borderline unstable. I do very little interstate driving, so, I'll opt for rural paths going forward - which really isn't impactful for me.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to make a similar decision.
 
Thanks for that. The stock windscreen on my bike is beat up - lot of bug impacts. It won't get all the way clean. I live in south Texas and have the screen all the way down 95% of the time. Like my upper body and head in clean air. If it gets below 50, I put the screen up.
 
Last edited:
I'm 6'1". I replaced the windshield very quickly after I purchased my NT700. Buffeting was bad at freeway speeds at all settings. I don't remember the brand, but I do remember that it was 3" taller. I leave it just below eye level most of the time and it is perfect.
Edit: 7Jurock Plastics, Inc and it was 2" wider and 4" taller with a light curve at the very top. I think that this is the windshield the NT700 should have come with new.

Cliff
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom