NT Gathering, May 12-15, 2016, Davis WV

ladtodt

Yeah, the rain stunk, but the ride Duane led on Friday was Fantabulous! Thanks Duane. And thanks to Tosh for spearheading this fun event.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Sorry to hear about your aunt?s death, Barry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Some great pictures of a fun event. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Rustinpeace: exactly where?

I like the Davis locale because it has an inexpensive hotel + attached restaurant, nearby campground, and the town with other eateries is easily within walking distance. If you can hit those four points, it might be worth looking at. Many thanks to Duane for leading us on a great Friday ride. :)

ps. this morning at 6 AM, it was 32F in Davis with a real feel temp of 21F. I'm glad we all cut it short by a day!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
We had 8 NTs at Davis: Rustinpeace (Will), Woodaddict (Dave), WVRider (Duane), Cnille (Barry), John Browning (John), ladtodt (Deb), DirtFlier (me) and Bob. We had a great time!

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Good to see everyone again this year!! Yes, less than ideal conditions for Saturday and before staying on Sunday, but this group is the hard of hardest riders! Looked on radar Saturday late afternoon and saw snow at some highest peaks around Davis. BURRR. Sorry for the ones that had endure rain, my trip was going south from Davis. Went on a first new road, hwy 17 from hwy 28 to hwy 220, over Snowy Mtn. Narrow winding smooth road, not filled with potholes. Was sunny and warming up as I continued south, got into little small spotty downpours around I81 and I77 (1:30pm) - came from the same front pushing thru Davis
AND this event attracted the 2 top mileage guys for 2 yrs in a row!!!! Keep that secret, they want there identities to be kept hush-hush.
Sorry for your loss Barry, 100 yrs old is amazing.

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
ref NT gathering farther south..NC...maybe consider Deal's Gap...aka, The Dragon. But not instead of the WV meet, in addition to the WV meet.
The WV meet was almost in my back yard but I was obligated for O/T on Saturday which got cancelled at the last minute....I'll go on record right now and plan to be there in '17.
Oh yeah....great pics!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Deal's Gap is a real zoo with way too many crazies. I've only been there once and it was during the week and that was bad enough. Partway up the road from the store was a Pontiac sports that had left the store 15-minutes before us and it was now flipped over! By the way, there are lots of better roads than The Dragon.

I queried the group before we left Davis and everyone agreed that we'd do it again next year, same place, same weekend in May. If we go much further into May it gets crazy because of Memorial Day so we're sticking with the 2nd weekend - May 11-14, 2017.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700, silver
My only trip to the dragon was Late last year...October....Sunday eve to Monday morning...no crazy people were there....they either had to work or were in school....I thought the roads leaving Deal's Gap heading south were nicer. Some people there mentioned something about the Whiskey Trail....I plan to go back later this year with my son on his bike.....we'll be shooting for mid week to avoid the bigger crowds.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I was informed by Bob, a regular attendee, that using the same weekend in 2017 will result in it ending on Mother's Day. That being the case, I'm seriously considering moving it downstream by one week and hope it doesn't cause scheduling problems. How about it Woodaddict, Rustinpeace, Cnille, and John Browning?

I probably won't know if it's a conflict until around November when they announce the dates for RDV 2017 on ADVrider. Last year it wasn't a conflict but this year it was on the same dates and resulted in me missing a surprise wedding joining two folks who I spent the night at there house back in February.

Last edited:
Top Bottom