On reaching 75 years on earth....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
It feels really odd reaching 75. I still camp out a whole bunch, travel, motorcycle tour, hike, run/walk a treadmill 5 miles in one hour each day. I am still active due to a whole bunch of really cool meds my docs give me....I have discovered cruising where I can talk with good people from all over the world. But I dont think I could have made it without being pushed along for 39 years by my partner...that's secret one.
a barb 1.jpg

(Dont eat at the Red lobster after cruising 12 times....you will be ruined for life)
As many here have said, dont put off things till its too late......one minute you are 37...and then you are not.
a barb 3.jpg

Then you retire and its 2007 and you think you have time....but thats an illusion.
a barb 7.jpg

Then its 2010 and you still think you have time....but how much?
a barb 5.jpg

Just do it. For me, thats cruising. I get to meet interesting people from all over the world...I have 4 cruises in the works....be kind to people..remember everyone has a story and listen to their problems and joys and also talk about yours....and you will have good days and bad days but being isolated at home is not a good day....
Lee is lucky...she has her husband on board....she and I five years ago were on the Oosterdam when the Coast Guard air lifted a crew member off the ship to Hawaii for appendicitis...she is like a mother to all the newbie young ladies that sign up for 8 months of 11 hour days , no sundays off, with a nap break...its a hard life but she still smiles....
aaa lee Oosteerrdam.jpg
And above all, dont let a day go by without telling a special person you love them, even if you are mad at them.....
a rl 1.jpg

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
It feels really odd reaching 75. I still camp out a whole bunch, travel, motorcycle tour, hike, run/walk a treadmill 5 miles in one hour each day. I am still active due to a whole bunch of really cool meds my docs give me....I have discovered cruising where I can talk with good people from all over the world. But I dont think I could have made it without being pushed along for 39 years by my partner...that's secret one.
a barb 1.jpg

(Dont eat at the Red lobster after cruising 12 times....you will be ruined for life)
As many here have said, dont put off things till its too late......one minute you are 37...and then you are not.
a barb 3.jpg

Then you retire and its 2007 and you think you have time....but thats an illusion.
a barb 7.jpg

Then its 2010 and you still think you have time....but how much?
a barb 5.jpg

Just do it. For me, thats cruising. I get to meet interesting people from all over the world...I have 4 cruises in the works....be kind to people..remember everyone has a story and listen to their problems and joys and also talk about yours....and you will have good days and bad days but being isolated at home is not a good day....
Lee is lucky...she has her husband on board....she and I five years ago were on the Oosterdam when the Coast Guard air lifted a crew member off the ship to Hawaii for appendicitis...she is like a mother to all the newbie young ladies that sign up for 8 months of 11 hour days , no sundays off, with a nap break...its a hard life but she still smiles....
aaa lee Oosteerrdam.jpg
And above all, dont let a day go by without telling a special person you love them, even if you are mad at them.....
a rl 1.jpg
And just because someone is alittle different, still go up to them and talk with them....if they dont want that, they will let you know....but there are always lots of people to talk with on a cruise ship. Lots of military vets for instance...and people who are not from Kansas. aaa indo lunch.jpg

Bike
1997 Yamaha Seca II
Congrats, That's great. I've been wanting to go on some cruises for some time. I spent almost 10 years in the US Navy and actually kinda miss the ocean, traveling, and seeing new places.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Congrats on your 75 laps around the sun and also on your 39 years of partnership! God willing, I will be joining you on my 75th lap this year and 49 years of wifely supervision. It's fun to think back on your travels and experiences and where life has led you. In the words of Mr. Spock, "Live long and prosper!"

Mike

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Congrats, That's great. I've been wanting to go on some cruises for some time. I spent almost 10 years in the US Navy and actually kinda miss the ocean, traveling, and seeing new places.
Feel free to ask for info. I have made a word doc of stuff you need to know. And God bless for serving n the Navy.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Congrats on your 75 laps around the sun and also on your 39 years of partnership! God willing, I will be joining you on my 75th lap this year and 49 years of wifely supervision. It's fun to think back on your travels and experiences and where life has led you. In the words of Mr. Spock, "Live long and prosper!"

Mike
Dont forget Asian ladies!!!! LOL!IMG_20240129_143507730_HDR_copy_625x920.jpg

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I just had my 67th B-Day. I'm a youngster to many of you.
It is surprising how fast the years can go by so enjoy every day.

Arknt

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I just had my 67th B-Day. I'm a youngster to many of you.
It is surprising how fast the years can go by so enjoy every day.

Arknt
You got it. In 2014, my wife and I took a car trip to a dog show in Red Lodge Mt. Had a wonderful time being together....I drove the Beartooth and my wife had fun at the the show. I was 65....dont wait a second.... do it! We are going to Helena for 4 days in April....life is short....
a 2014 2.jpga 2014 65 1.JPG

I'll have done 80 laps on June 21st this year. Looking forward to the milestone and am grateful to my lovely partner of nearly 60 years for her never ending support. I've always done trips without her. She has some physical issues from cancer 25 years ago, that make 2 wheel travel uncomfortable. I'll probably continue 2 wheel touring with my "young" cousin who just brought home a Tiger 990. A long healing knee injury got me off of 2 wheels and then onto my Can Am Spyder(s) 2 years ago, but the NT is in the workshop recovering from the after effects of E10 gasoline, with a new fuel pump, arriving next week, and a POR 15 coated tank. If strength and balance permit, the NT will be the trip buddy I'd been looking to, when purchased just before the knee issue.

Meanwhile, the Can Am has become our weekly lunch date ride for SWMBO and self. The three wheel stability not only works for her, she absolutely loves it. She's finally sold on the benefits of wind therapy, and I love sharing it with her.

20240214_133932 (2).jpg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm 81 since February. I lost Joanne, my 2nd wife, to Alzheimer's last September. I felt more relief because she was free of the torture of that awful disease, but there was grief that is finally changing for me. I will never not love and miss Joanne. She was very wise, generous, supportive, and had a delightful sense of humor and one of the greatest smiles ever. I've only ridden once in the last two years, but I'll get back on Horse, my 2nd NT in the next month or two.

Every day is a new day. I'm grateful for all the days in the 81 years behind me...even the ones that have felt awful (and have been awful)! They have made me who I am and prepared me for the days ahead.

I spent most of the last week with my granddaughter, her new husband, my son and his wife, and my ex- and her wife. It was a great week. I'm thinking about flying to Germany and spending some time there with Natalie and Mo.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Phil - restart riding "Horse II" in small bites, gradually increasing the distance if so desired. You've been away from riding for a long time so please do it cautiously and with care. :)

Bike
2010 NT700V
I'm 81 since February. I lost Joanne, my 2nd wife, to Alzheimer's last September. I felt more relief because she was free of the torture of that awful disease, but there was grief that is finally changing for me. I will never not love and miss Joanne. She was very wise, generous, supportive, and had a delightful sense of humor and one of the greatest smiles ever. I've only ridden once in the last two years, but I'll get back on Horse, my 2nd NT in the next month or two.

Every day is a new day. I'm grateful for all the days in the 81 years behind me...even the ones that have felt awful (and have been awful)! They have made me who I am and prepared me for the days ahead.

I spent most of the last week with my granddaughter, her new husband, my son and his wife, and my ex- and her wife. It was a great week. I'm thinking about flying to Germany and spending some time there with Natalie and Mo.
Do it while you can, Phil. Since my prostrate cancer radiation treatments, there are days that I don't dare get too far from a latrine. I get about 10 seconds to make a mad dash.
But, I am still alive, and there are MANY people who are a lot worse off than I am. Everyone in the waiting room at the oncology center was worse off than I was. I just kept telling myself, "Shut the #%&* up, and quit whining."

I also keep in mind a short lesson that I learned long ago:
"I felt bad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

Congratulations to you both ..Life is good to some and not so good to others, but along the route to longevity you have obviously promoted a healthy choice of lifestyle .If only we all were given a crystal ball when we were young and relatively healthy I am sure some of us would have taken a different path. My wife and I are taking a river cruise (Viking) this coming October and we are counting our blessings just being physically able and lucky to do this...As they say....Life is short and sure enough as the years tick by they become even shorter...Alas I do miss my NT but I have stayed with the fold with my lightweight Honda CB500X...I tell myself this will be my last motorcycle....but as always...the door is open....Congrats again...

Top Bottom