Rack for topbox

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I want to install a rack on my top box. I know the NT topbox is a Givi product made for this bike...What Givi branded top box would the NT box most closely resemble? It seems likes its a one-off.

I don't have to have a Givi rack. I'm just brainstorming right now and would be happy with a generic solution

I don't want to use the pillion seat for storage any longer.

I put a Givi rack on Traveller's top case. Let me dig thru the archives and see if i can find a num

One would think that adding weight high and to the extreme rear would reduce loading on the steering bearings and fork innards.

Last edited:
Reactions: JQL
I purchased the GIVI rack when I got my GIVI tail trunk. Love it and use it alot.
ps: I always put my rain gear up there so I don't have to dig for it. It was a pretty simple install by the way.

20230613_141024.jpg20220621_111536.jpg20240510_100749.jpg

One would think that adding weight high and to the extreme rear would reduce loading on the steering bearings and fork innards.
The rattle and banging of that mass will transfer directly into the steering head and front end... (the frame is a isosceles triangle on its tip)

The frame is an isosceles triangle but with the mass located in or on the topcase, the rear axle acts as a fulcrum and lightens the weight on the front suspension. I discovered this on one of my long trips when i wasn't thinking and put a bunch of heavier stuff in the top case. At my first rest stop, i rearranged the load to put the heaviest stuff down low in the panniers like i should have in the first place.

Mike

Often times, overloading the rear creates less weight on the front wheel so the steering feels a lot lighter and less stable than normal.

Often times, overloading the rear creates less weight on the front wheel so the steering feels a lot lighter and less stable than normal.

Yep, and if anyone wants to see this in effect in action taken to the extreme. Check out the RevZilla video "Motohomes" where Ari builds a camper on the back of an old 'Wing.

Back
Top Bottom