Removing vibration from the handlebar/grips

changing the weight distribution of the bars, changes their amplitude of the vibrations.

It also changes frequency. After noticing the difference in vibratory sensations between a 4-cyl bike like the Connie and 2-cyl bikes like the NT and my old GL-650 Silverwing, I think frequency is a big issue in changing the perception of vibration and the level of irritation associated with it.

I installed a set of the 2" Rox Risers with rubber grommets this morning. I have about a 1" to the rear adjustment and a 1 1/2" rise. I replaced just a straight 1" rise set of risers, and the difference is very noticeable from the straight 1", even though it sounds like a small amount.
I loosened the brake line clamp below the bars and gained about a 1/2 " of line. I rotated the clutch lever just a little to gain some clutch cable slack. I checked turning side to side , with engine running and no problems or change in speed were noted. The handle bar and controls just barely clear the tank in both directions.
I took a 45 mile ride and every thing was fine, more comfortable in reach and there was a very noticeable reduction in vibration at all speeds. It is not completely gone at 70-75, but nearly gone at 55 - 65 where I am at mostly.
I think I will attempt to rotate both the left clutch and control buttons and the brake reserve just a little more to gain just as much slack as possible, as both look just a little tight right now. Even a tiny bit would help take any strain off.
The rubber bushings are apparently adjustable as to tightness, so I will experiment with that in time.
All in all, I think the Rox Risers will work great and they were immediately shipped out by Rox direct.

Back
Top Bottom