Saddlebags

chief7mrc

Has anyone ever had a saddlebag latch problem.

I had the saddlebag latch mount on the left saddlebag (the rear latch)

break. It was under warranty, but it took 6 weeks to get a new saddlebag

lid to replace the one with the broken latch.

I haven't had a broken latch, but have had some stickiness, which a good dose of silicone spray cured.

I have had a latch problem as well that is not covered by the above one.... the plastics had moved... inserting a screwdriver and gentlely applying pressure up/down moves the plastic back and seemed to have solved the problem.

Thank each one of you for the information. My saddlebags refuse to work correctly. I received a call from American Honda concering the problem.
I informed him that the saddlebags on the bike were built to fragile. If you look at the mounting for the latch on the saddlebag lid you will see why I
feel it is to fragile of a mounting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish to thank everyone for your kind suggestions on operating saddlebags.

I cleaned the Honda grease off and washed the mechanism down with WD-40. After everything dried, I used Dri-Slide--a gun lubricant. I don't know what I will do when my can runs out. I have not seen it on sale anywhere. I have had no problem with the latches.

Alex, John Deere silicone spray may not work as well as your Dri-Slide, but it works pretty well. I hit the latch cable turning points with a blast of silicone every month or so and my latches work slick as the proverbial whistle.

Back
Top Bottom