September ride

Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
561
Location
Otsego, MI
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I have been not able to take a ride of any distance this season (Wife new hips). In September thinking about Southern Ohio, Tennessee, WV, Etc. ride. Would be about 6 days I venture to hope for. No real plans as yet, I do not camp (metal in back makes camping out), will be staying in motels. Might plan on seeing Coal House, or just enjoy the curves at my leisurely pace.
 
My better half and I always did our motorcycle travels in the month of September. Lighter traffic, much better weather, (except for higher altitude out west). Now days it seems that most of our travels are to visit kids/grandkids in other states.
 
My better half and I always did our motorcycle travels in the month of September. Lighter traffic, much better weather, (except for higher altitude out west). Now days it seems that most of our travels are to visit kids/grandkids in other states.

Sept is absolutly the best month to tour out west...cooler, kids in school, still dry....hopefully the smoke will taper off....hopefully there will be world peace.....
 
Sept 28th (friday) riding to Georgia, ride Ky,Tn, Ga back roads to Gainesville,Ga staying at The Guest Lodge downtown good resturants walking distance, that Saturday 215 mile ride mostly North Georgia Mountains, stop in Suches at TWO and BBQ Hickory Pig end of day. Ride back to Ohio Sunday. Your more than welcome to hook up with us!
 
Sept 28th (friday) riding to Georgia, ride Ky,Tn, Ga back roads to Gainesville,Ga staying at The Guest Lodge downtown good resturants walking distance, that Saturday 215 mile ride mostly North Georgia Mountains, stop in Suches at TWO and BBQ Hickory Pig end of day. Ride back to Ohio Sunday. Your more than welcome to hook up with us!

Headed down to the Reno Naitonal Air races in the little town of Stead NV in 10 days. Best time of the year. I camp out for 9 days then come home through scenic historic folkloreic Winnemmuca NV and Boise and Baker City.
The high desert is beautiful in Sept.
2edqbsm.jpg
 
September 1st I am headed out to ride up the CA-2 and then to do some dirt road riding in the Antelope Valley on Megas. Then meet up with an old buddy for a barbeque at his place in the middle of nowhere behind Saddleback State Park. I grew up a few miles away from this park. I rode through this desert many times over back in the day.
 
Back
Top Bottom