Tentaholic

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 25, 2011
Messages
3,831
Location
Spokane
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Hello, my name is Chris and I am a tent a holic. All told, I have 12 tents. My wife has one I gave her she really likes. It holds her and 3 attack dogs.
IMG_20261010_211547864_HDR_copy_796x657.jpg

She likes the Kelty Grand Mesa 4 and I admit it packs about the same size as the Midori 3
a tent test.JPG
 
Last edited:
Size comparison. The old Quest 4 with its old fiberglass poles wasnt a bad tent....but no vestibules....but it was cheep. I had many like it before the zippers or fiberglass poles broke.
Now that the AMA considers me elderly, one of the concessions I have made is to swich to a 2 man tent (OK, really one man and an Indonesian or Thai helper. )
a kelty grand mesa 4.JPG

A panama 2020 3.jpg
 
I like camping too but my body doesn't. I'm thankful that at least I can still crawl in and out of a tent (with some difficulty). But buying a new tent won't make me any younger. The root of the problem.
 
I would LIKE a two bedroom, bath and a half tent. Full stand up height, room to park my bike inside, and a closet to hang up all my gear.
Too bad there’s no way to bring one that big along. Next best idea is a motel, I guess.
 
Back
Top Bottom