[Review] Tour Master Solution 2 boots

Nicole

Ok so yesterday I was able to finally road test my new riding boots. I have not up until now had boots specifically made for Motorcycle riding. I have been using a pair of cowboy boots before this, so I have no real basis of caparison. There is a funny story about my hunt for a pair of boots that I won't go into here.

Make:
They seem to me made rather well and feel like they will hold up for a long time / high mileage.

Fit:
They are loose around my ankles, just the right size in the toe box and tight on my calves. The cowboy boots I have been using are made by Justin and are a boys size 6D.

Performance:
I am having to get use to the lack of "feel" that I have now when using my feet. Until now I had not realized how much I was using my sense of touch in my feet while riding. It is nothing that I can't over come, but it is odd. If you want a basis of comparison strap on tennis shoes go ride. then strap on some steel toe work boots and go ride.
The boots did a great job of making the over all ride experience more comfortable. I feel that I have more support for my ankles with the boots. Where as I was considering strapping a ankle brace on for the ride to Spearfish just to be safe. They also did a great job of cutting the vibration down. The only time I noticed any discomfort was feeling a little warmer when at a stand still, but over all it made the ride more comfortable.

Moral of the Story:
I am happy with the over all performance of the boots and will make the adjustment to the difference in the feel. Unless I hear of a better boot when it is time to buy again; I will buy these again.

taldric

Heehee - boys size 6.
Heehee - you have small feet!

This coming from the man who bought mens size 13 shoes recently.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Nice report, thanks. I've considered buying real motorcycle specific boots but most of them I've seen wouldn't function well at work or walking around. Depending on the weather I alternate between full grain Merrell or lighter weight Oboz hiking boots. What do most others on here use? Motorcycle specific boots or other? I'm guessing probably not many sneaker or flip-flop riders here, lol.

elizilla

I wear moto-specific boots, and not just the plain ones either - I have heavily armored ones. I try to find them in as close to plain black as I can; I'm not crazy about the power ranger look. But armor trumps fashion, and the articulated armor is more comfortable than more sober looking armor, so I generally end up with more flash than I might like. I have had a bike fall on my foot and been glad I had all that armor.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have three different pair of motorcycle specific boots. Each with their own features and benefits. One for commuting in summer (Jupiter 2), one for commuting in the winter (X-Five Plus) and one for touring in the summer (Airtech). All are TCX brand.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wear the TCX X-5 Plus boots year round. I have to admit that I don't ride them around town.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
I have Tourmaster Solution boots. They're supposed to be waterproof, but I haven't had a real chance to test that since I haven't had to ride in the rain since I got them. However, on my recent trip to Colorado, it was real hot one afternoon so we stopped at one of those pull-offs near the Colorado River and I stood a little less than ankle-deep in the briskly flowing water for 30 seconds or so, and nary a drop made it into my boots. Cooled my feet off nicely, too. So I'm guessing that they will keep my feet dry in all but the most severe monsoon conditions. They're fairly comfortable, too. They wouldn't be my first choice for hiking, but I wouldn't be afraid to walk a mile in them either.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
For running around town, I like the Joe Rocket Meteor Boots. They are lower and have quite a bit of armor without looking like a space boot. On the road , the Joe Rocket Sonic is excellent. It is higher and also has armor. Looks quite stylish. They are both priced in the Tourmaster range, but are in my opinion a bit higher quality. They are very comfortable and require no break in. Worth checking out.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
I bought my first pair of real motorcycle boots this last year, TourMaster Response SC. They are a low quarter boot with good armor in the ankles. Also good year-round in the desert heat. They give me a solid feel when I stop, much better than the western boots I have worn riding for the last forty years or so on cruisers before buying my NT. Like Phil, I must admit to not wearing the best footwear when not on the open road.:cool:

Bike
Silver NT700V
I use a pair of Alpinestars Ridge boots. They were reasonably prices and I have been generally happy with them for three years. Had my first bike fall on them once and didn't feel a thing. I wear them for every ride in all weather. For the commute, I just carry my street shoes and change at work. If I know, or suspect, I'll be walking a bit at my destination, I carry along a pair of street shoes. The only complaint I have is that they apparently leaked on my February 1,000 mile ride to Mississippi. Of course, I was nine hours in pouring rain that day.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
i wear the tourmaster solution 2's as well. picked them up at the whitehorse gear open house during our mini rally in may. they aren't heavily armored, compared to my mesh ones from icon, but they are very comfortable, waterproof, and can be walked around in like a normal shoe. the icons i have took quite a bit of breaking in before you could walk normal in them - but they're armored pretty heavily (although not as heavily as articulated armor boots like katherine mentioned). the icons are mesh, and more comfortable in the heat. the tourmasters are warmer, but waterproof and more comfortable overall. choices choices.

Tourmaster Solution 2.0:

Icon Field Armor Chukkas:

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Nicole,

I hope you still like those Tourmaster Solution 2 Air boots you bought early last month. I just pushed the button on a pair of the same from Revzilla about 5 minutes ago. The fit and all is perfect on my Tourmaster Response SC short boots, but. I bought them specifically for the desert, except. Last week I went for a ride to Temecula with some friends, great on the way out at 0700 when it was only about 80F, but when we got back to the low desert in the afternoon and it was about 108F my ankles fried!:redface: Didn't quite peel the skin but it was like a sunburn right through my socks. Guys asked me to go for another ride in a couple of weeks, this time into Anaheim. Going for a Shrine BBQ this time. I like this ride to eat routine.:smile: Still going to be the same problem the last 50 or 60 miles coming home in the afternoon. Sure hope these new boots work better than the old ones!:cool:

OP
OP

Nicole

Nicole,

I hope you still like those Tourmaster Solution 2 Air boots you bought early last month. I just pushed the button on a pair of the same from Revzilla about 5 minutes ago. The fit and all is perfect on my Tourmaster Response SC short boots, but. I bought them specifically for the desert, except. Last week I went for a ride to Temecula with some friends, great on the way out at 0700 when it was only about 80F, but when we got back to the low desert in the afternoon and it was about 108F my ankles fried!:redface: Didn't quite peel the skin but it was like a sunburn right through my socks. Guys asked me to go for another ride in a couple of weeks, this time into Anaheim. Going for a Shrine BBQ this time. I like this ride to eat routine.:smile: Still going to be the same problem the last 50 or 60 miles coming home in the afternoon. Sure hope these new boots work better than the old ones!:cool:
They do get a lil toasty when standing still, but I didn't have a problem with heat while riding.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I think Dan was refering to his Response SC short boots that caused his ankles to get hot. You should not have a problem with the taller Solution 2 boots.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Yeah Warren I was. I ordered the newest version the Solution 2 Air. Has a lot of textile on the sides to let the heat out. So they say. We'll see when they arrive.:cool:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Yeah Warren I was. I ordered the newest version the Solution 2 Air. Has a lot of textile on the sides to let the heat out. So they say. We'll see when they arrive.:cool:
Dan, the onliest problem is that all that mesh also lets heat IN!

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
I didn't say they were perfect! :rolleyes1: Hopefully the shin guard on the front of the boot will keep my poor ankles from being roasted again. :cool:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have the TCX Airtech boots that also have textile in them and they work well and my ankles do not get burned.

Top Bottom