6th Nat'l NT Rally - July 6-9, 2016 - Spearfish, SD

Mike,

That sounds oood! It will be interesting to see what SQUEEZED IN will translate too???BUT better than if she had said hung up with the idea of using the big tree:)

As Jim so eloquEntly said I do think Bell's has become the unofficial rally HQ! I would speculate THAT PROBABLY AT LEAR 1/2 OF THE nt CONTINGInt will be thereT THE MOTEL, POSSIBLY MORE WHOARE BEING QUIET ABOUT IT.

ELDON

Last edited:
I called Bell's last night and Jessy said that she could squeeze me in someplace. Now I just have to confirm the vacation days on Tuesday.

Mike

Excellent!! See you there, Mike. You'll know who I am, easily enough. I'm the guy riding an NT. :)

The first year we were in Spearfish, someone had been going to make name tags. I brought the gizmos to put them in, but the nametags didn't show up.

Looks like I may be able to make it to Spearfish this year. Will know for sure by about June 10th. Since Bells is already full up, can anyone make a recommendation for other places? I am not a camper. All I require is a clean, comfortable bed, and a shower. What say the veteran rally folks?

The Kozy Motel, 427 N Main St, 427 N Main St, 605-642-4846, and the Royal Rest, 444 N Main St, 605-642-3842, are within a couple of blocks of Bell's, which is at 230 N. Main. I don't know anything about them except that they'd be within walking distance of the "Rally Motel."

There seems to be a mass migration from the campgournd to Bell's motel. Is the motel becoming the default event headquarters? Somehow I don't think that will ever happen with Mellow around.

Well, if I'm going, I'm camping. That's about all I can say on that. I'll always do the Friday night pizza at the campground as it's pretty nice. The rally has gotten smaller for the ST guys as many have grown bored of the same area - at least I'm guessing that's it - the overall numbers have dropped from recent years. The NT crowd is typically the same, or real close, number wise.

I really like the area, hard for me to get bored with it and this campground is nice and hospitable.

I like Mellow am definitely camping, I live close enough to go for a ride in the black hills before I go to work and never tire of the experience. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

I'll be camping as well. AND I do like the riding out there too. I ride all the way across the Plaines States to ride there and visit with all you good folks. Spearfish is dangerously close to a whole bunch of good riding in the western US. Somehow I missed the first rally, but have been to the rest of them. My downfall (or success) is that I have never made it directly home from a NATSTOC yet - or even close to directly home. One year Phil dragged me off to Alaska with him, and other years I wandered off to Idaho, Iowa, Michigan and Ontario on my way home.

So if anyone wants to wander around on a motorcycle "on their way home" let me know - it might work out.

I'll be camping as well. AND I do like the riding out there too. I ride all the way across the Plaines States to ride there and visit with all you good folks. Spearfish is dangerously close to a whole bunch of good riding in the western US. Somehow I missed the first rally, but have been to the rest of them. My downfall (or success) is that I have never made it directly home from a NATSTOC yet - or even close to directly home. One year Phil dragged me off to Alaska with him, and other years I wandered off to Idaho, Iowa, Michigan and Ontario on my way home.

So if anyone wants to wander around on a motorcycle "on their way home" let me know - it might work out.

Yep - know what you mean. This year I'm riding up to Calgary, then over to Kamloops, then down to Seattle to meet an old freind and we'll ride together to Idaho.

I love riding in the Black Hills.

I've been going to the Black Hills on two wheels since 2006. I haven't been bored yet. I'm doing Bell's this year, but may get back to camping next year.

I am bringing my Kermit chair and will be spending some time at the campground this year...as well as at the table under Bell's tree. :)

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming retirement. I hope you have a good one. Enjoy!!!

Jim, whatever you do, don't take a "part-time" job that somebody else can schedule. It can create problems. DAMHIK. :)

Yep - know what you mean. This year I'm riding up to Calgary, then over to Kamloops, then down to Seattle to meet an old freind and we'll ride together to Idaho.

I love riding in the Black Hills.

You'll like riding from Calgary to Kamloops, too. It's not quite as spectacular as the Icefields Highway, but it's good riding. if you're a railroad freak/geek, there's some good stuff in Revelstoke that I didn't have time to visit because of time commitments.

Jim, I'd love to wander around with you if I wasn't scoring the ButtLite VIII in Denver the weekend after the NT/ST-National.

Hey there you all! I must take Phil's side on this retirement / re retore,ent gs,r of life,

When you have youe occupation DEEPLY IMBEDDED IN YOU IT IS TRULY HARD TO CUT THOSE SREINGS. there Prts of it you the AND YOU WILL KEEP akinf youeawlfe WHY< & WHt the ----- m I doing this for, rhen you topout and crest GRADE nd drink in the view and you know it is worth LL THE EFFORT INVOLVED.tHERE IS NO GRETER FEELING FOR trucker than having worked your way from ARns aril through 18 or 20 gear chNGES UP ns sown rheough the gear boxes of 5 SPEED MAIN AND A 4SPEED BROWNIE AND NEVER SCRATCHING A GEAR.

iT CAN TAKE SECERRl year EI FWT THat Diesel smoke out of youe systemIn spite of not hVING TURNED A WHEEL IN ALMOST 15 Year I lY wKW rt times liatening to trucks coming up to the stp[light BLOCK FROM THE HOUSE n hwR THIER ENGINES ETC, grrr THE NON PROFESSIONALS OUT THERE THt just don't get it!!!It is a good thing this old gtouch ex sleeper team driver isn't with them, A IN MANY CASES I WOULD FIRE THEM ON THE SPOT!!

although I Hve not wLKED IN pHIL'S SHOES I m certIN THERE re mNY SIMILrities in both profesions and one day he will pull rhw pin ND PULL AWAY FOR THE LAST TIME, BUT EVEN THEN FOR A CERTAIN REASON HE VERY WELL MAY JUMP BACK IN FOR A FEW MOMENTSM

eLDON

Back
Top Bottom