6th Nat'l NT Rally - July 6-9, 2016 - Spearfish, SD

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
OK, this is what I'm going to do. I'll come up on Tuesday and leave at about 8AM on Friday. I'll be at Perkins for breakfast at 7AM on Friday and head out from there. I'll miss the stove fuel and pizza party on Friday night, but I'll hang out at the campground on Thursday.
Great, now I know your plan Phil. You know I "owe" you one after the way you set me up last year on the ride up Poudre Canyon to Walden.
That was well done Sir.

So, for the rest of the folks on the forum, I'll tell everyone (except Phil) how I'll get even when I get to Spearfish.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Phil, Do you do a works for you. It will be a joy to see you again.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Great, now I know your plan Phil. You know I "owe" you one after the way you set me up last year on the ride up Poudre Canyon to Walden.
That was well done Sir.
I'm getting old and even more feeble-minded, Jim. How did I "set you up" last year in Poudre Canyon? Remind me, please!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'm getting old and even more feeble-minded, Jim. How did I "set you up" last year in Poudre Canyon? Remind me, please!
It started on out trip to AK when I was rising earlier, ready to ride, and waiting for you Phil, to get going in the mornings. (You do have a reputation for sleeping in a bit.) Anyway, I had told my buddy Mitch about your slow starts in the mornings and he was expecting the same when we visited you in Greeley last summer. You told us that we would ride out the next morning at 8:00AM on the ride up Poudre Canyon (after a breakfast at Mc Donalds). Mitch and I were out in your garage packing up our bikes and waiting for you to come out before 8:00 AM. There was no sign of you getting ready or even coming to the garage. So I went back in the house to check the basement bedroom where we slept for forgotten items, after all, I didn't really expect you to be ready by 8:00 AM. Mitch said you then walked out of the house, got on your bike, started the motor and backed out so that you two were WAITING FOR ME. It certainly appeared you set it up so I'd be the last on on my bike. Maybe you didn't see Mitch laughing inside his helmet but he was.

If you didn't really set it up so that I'd be the last one on my bike and all this happened by accident, you should never admit it - just take credit for a well-planned joke. We laughed about that incident for the next 4,000 miles.

I'm not making any comments about "old and feeble-minded".

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
NOW I remember. Of course it was planned.
There is a serious problem with either your memory or credibility, or possibly both.
But your charming outgoing personality and polished BS enable you to overcome.
Looking forward to seeing you and ther rest of the gang in Spearfish.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
There is a serious problem with either your memory or credibility, or possibly both.
But your charming outgoing personality and polished BS enable you to overcome.
Whachoo' talkin' 'bout??

It's not like I'm the only person in this outfit who has well-polished manure.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
That was well done Sir.

So, for the rest of the folks on the forum, I'll tell everyone (except Phil) how I'll get even when I get to Spearfish.
I camp out at OSHKOSH with these two guys that have been playing practicle jokes for ever on each other. They use old but well kept up Japanese street enduros to get the mile to the flightline. One year, one of them wired in a remote controled relay so he could blow the other guys horn at will. So he waited till they were stopped for a mother pushing a baby cart in front of them and blew his horn! I think if you wait till Phil starts one of his stories, you will have two hours to install a relay...:rofl1:

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Wow!!

Glad I found this. I was traveling last month, and I'll bet I just deleted an email notice for this thread!

Now that I know the dates have changed, I just called Bell's and changed my reservations.

See you guys on July 6.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Wow!!

Glad I found this. I was traveling last month, and I'll bet I just deleted an email notice for this thread!

Now that I know the dates have changed, I just called Bell's and changed my reservations.

See you guys on July 6.
Glad you caught that... In the future, I will first get a list of those that RSVP'd and send an email/PM to them letting them know about the change. As soon as I changed the data the previous RSVP's disappeared as it assumes it not the same event if the date changes. Of course, I hope to not have this happen again...

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
LOL Joe I think it is a good change , at least for me! As for PhilI will refrain from picking on himtoo much as he hsd owed me a piece of Pie and coffee since about 01 or 02:rolleyes:

Eldon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Are you going to be there to collect this year, Eldon?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Are you going to be there to collect this year, Eldon?
gOOD lORD WILLING AND THE CREEKS DONT rISE! roME ACCROSS PARRKING LOT FROM OFFICE SINCE SOMEBODY BEAT ME TO MY FAVORITE ROOM! mOST LIK;EY TRAVELING IN THE ATOMIC ORNGE beasty I was in as I came home from Dayton and met you for lunch!

Eldon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Eldon, do you think your eyes are up to driving? If so, try not to outrun your vision -- it would be very easy in that 'Vette.

Everybody else: Is anyone planning on arriving in Spearfish on Tuesday? I've been thinking I'd go up on Tuesday since I've got to leave early on Friday morning. But if no one's going to be there on Tuesday, I'll just go up on Wednesday.

I'm staying at Bell's and plan on hanging around the campground (if anyone's there) at least for all day Thursday.

Top Bottom