6th Nat'l NT Rally - July 6-9, 2016 - Spearfish, SD

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I might be able to make it. Work is trying to get in the way, but I think I can make a long weekend and be able to attend. Will have to head home first thing Saturday morning though. Hope to see everyone there.
Kevin, I’m going up on Tuesday and meeting Jim Moore in Crawford, NE, at about noon on that day. If you want to join us you’d be welcome to spend Monday night here. Or you could meet us somewhere along the way. It’ll be great to see you again!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Kevin, I’m going up on Tuesday and meeting Jim Moore in Crawford, NE, at about noon on that day. If you want to join us you’d be welcome to spend Monday night here. Or you could meet us somewhere along the way. It’ll be great to see you again!
I will know more later, but I requested the 5th through 11th off work. We get the 4th off, but I may not be able to leave NE KS until the morning of the 5th. If I can get headed your way on the 4th I will let you know. I liked riding N from Colorado like we did last year. Maybe we can actually ride it together this time :). I will let you know if I get approved off work and can meet you.

I am planning on camping at Chris's.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Kevin! Sounds like a group that could use your supervision. See you all at Spearfish.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
It has been touch and go as to if I was going to come this year. A lot has happened, and as hard as it is to say, a long bike ride to see a bunch of old farts I don't really even like just seemed ridiculous. LOL
But I was able to strike a deal with the "war committee" and plan on doing my best to get there Wed. the 6th.

Bike
2011 NT
I've got a reservation at Bells but he said I may have to change rooms at least once. Will see what happens.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Cant wait to see you guys, but is it possible some of you havent RSVPed?

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
A lot more than "possible" Chris.
Beyond likely too.
We (Americans) aren't good at commitments.
Looking forward to seeing you, Jim! Dont bring any ticks with you....chris

i will know more later, but i requested the 5th through 11th off work. We get the 4th off, but i may not be able to leave ne ks until the morning of the 5th. If i can get headed your way on the 4th i will let you know. I liked riding n from colorado like we did last year. Maybe we can actually ride it together this time :). I will let you know if i get approved off work and can meet you.

I am planning on camping at chris's.
We want Kevin!

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
It is with a very heavy heart that I let you all know that I will not be attending the rally in Spearfish this year. I had a reservation at Bell's for the 7th, 8th, and 9th. I just called and cancelled that so If anyone needs a room, there is one available.
A long time friend hit a deer last night on his motorcycle and was killed. Just about 30 minutes ago I received word that a very close cousin and friend has lost her battle with cancer. Both funeral services will be next week. My cousin in the state of Kentucky and my friend here at home, in Michigan. Hopefully not on the same day.
Hopefully I will see you all next year in Spearfish.
Thanks.
Life is short, eat dessert first!!

Last edited:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Sorry to hear of your loss(es). We will miss you even though we never met you - yet.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Clyde, what tough losses! You and your cousin's and friend's families will be in my prayers. Next year maybe we can all make it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
BTW, I talked to Kevin Jones (Artemedes on the Forum) and Ken Malone (RedBird on the Forum) tonight. Looks like Kevin will get to Spearfish on Wednesday evening. Ken won't be able to make it this year -- his in-laws are coming to visit next week.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Very sorry to hear of your losses Clyde, we will keep your family and friends in our thoughts and prayers.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I am headed up on Wednesday morning for a couple of days. Plan to ride the FJR. Going to visit with my ST friends (If I still have any) and my long lost NT friends.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
EClyde,

prayers and condolences for all involved. I missed two years in a row due to death circumstances.Hopefully next year will be much better for you.

Eldon

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
My Plans are still firm, will be leaving here early on 4th and making Boise with some detours by evining. 5th arrive Belgrade MT again a detour and then arrive at Bell's mid afternoon on 6 July.

eldon

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
My plans are firm, too. They're just not the plans I had planned. I was at Sun Honda in Denver this morning getting new tires when the service manager said, "I hate to tell you this, but you're not going anywhere on this bike for a bit. It's not safe to ride." He took me back and showed me the final drive. The splines that drive the wheel hadn't been lubed last time I changed tires (Greeley Honda, I think) and they were almost completely gone. Plus that lets the hub wobble and the rear wheel bearing's toast and the cush drive retainer bolts have had their heads worn away.. He's ordering a new final drive, but it won't be here till Tuesday, the 12th. I'll probably have two wheels working again on the 13th.

I'm chapped. This is twice that Honda dealers have neglected this seemingly automatic operation that is fairly essential for shaft drive Hondas. The first time, the extended warranty paid for it. But just because the bike is now 6 years old and has 114,000 miles on it, they're going to make me pay for it this time.

I'm bummed. Have fun and tell everybody "Hi!" for me.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Clyde, I am saddened by your loss and that we will not get to see you this year. Phil we will miss you also. As much as changing your own wheels is a pain, I think it is worth it to make sure everything is lubed. You would think there are enough shaft bikes that correct spline lube is a common procedure.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
My plans are firm, too. They're just not the plans I had planned. I was at Sun Honda in Denver this morning getting new tires when the service manager said, "I hate to tell you this, but you're not going anywhere on this bike for a bit. It's not safe to ride." He took me back and showed me the final drive. The splines that drive the wheel hadn't been lubed last time I changed tires (Greeley Honda, I think) and they were almost completely gone. Plus that lets the hub wobble and the rear wheel bearing's toast and the cush drive retainer bolts have had their heads worn away.. He's ordering a new final drive, but it won't be here till Tuesday, the 12th. I'll probably have two wheels working again on the 13th.

I'm chapped. This is twice that Honda dealers have neglected this seemingly automatic operation that is fairly essential for shaft drive Hondas. The first time, the extended warranty paid for it. But just because the bike is now 6 years old and has 114,000 miles on it, they're going to make me pay for it this time.

I'm bummed. Have fun and tell everybody "Hi!" for me.
Sorry to hear about the final drive. I am bummed to hear the news. Is this a different dealership than the ones that changed the tires?

First Ken, now you.....It won't be the same without you guys. I hope everything works out.

Top Bottom