6th Nat'l NT Rally - July 6-9, 2016 - Spearfish, SD

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Just before I opened Chuck's posting of your name, Mellow, I thought of it. My mind really isn't what it used to be.

My friend Larry said that he will be back over on Thursday. He'll be on an NC700X w/ Honda panniers and top case.

Phil,sorry to hear about the final drive on your bike....hope it gets resolved soon so you can enjoy those Colorado roads!!! I was wanting to go to the rally myself,but knew it would have to be a last minute decision to do so but got sick with a cold or the flu and am not recovered from it completely yet...did not want to ride that far feeling bad and getting there and coughing and sneezing all the time. I am sure the other folks will appreciate me staying home and not making them ill!!! Hopefully I will get to Spearfish for the rally at least once because it would be nice to meet a lot of the members here and also to get to ride some of the roads around there.I was a kid,probably 6 or 7 when my parents took a vacation up that way and all I remember was seeing Mt.Rushmore, but i just barely remember that.....Anyway, I hope everyone travels safely to and from the rally and has a great time meeting new and old friends and catching up on all the latest happenings!!!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just before I opened Chuck's posting of your name, Mellow, I thought of it. My mind really isn't what it used to be.

My friend Larry said that he will be back over on Thursday. He'll be on an NC700X w/ Honda panniers and top case.
We'll keep an eye out for him. Sorry to see you aren't going to make it.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Due to a last minute change of events with the wife's vacation time, I had to make the hard decision not to attend this year. I will miss the lively conversations and rides. Next year, all.
Len

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Just a note to all those at the rally this week. If you need service or help with your NT's / ST's, Rice Honda of Rapid City are some great folks. They got me out of a jam just last week when I realized my PR4 was failing me and their labor rate was very pleasing. I was pleasantly surprised when they were able to help me with rear brakes and a rear tire and a final bill that actually made me smile. Highly recommended.

PS; the only wait I had when I rode in was while they installed those items. I was able to continue our ride for the day and not miss a thing.

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
A good dealer is definitely a thing of joy. I wish there were more of them. I hope all of you at the rally have a great time and be safe.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Hi, guys. I won't be able to make it this year. Rains in Texas and I have some leaky windows to fix.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
+1 on Rice Honda in Rapid City. When I had leaking tire at the Rally in '12, they were the only place anywhere in western SD that had a 150/70X17 rear tire. It wasn't the tire I would have bought otherwise, but it was reasonably priced and their labor charges were also very reasonable.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Here are some pics from the rally so far and my riding. Will update more later, should be more folks showing up today.

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Thanks for pics Mellow. I don't know how the donkeys are when on a bike but if you leave a window down in a 4 wheeled vehicle they will stick their head in to check things out.
I think they like to have a snack now and then.

Brad

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thanks for pics Mellow. I don't know how the donkeys are when on a bike but if you leave a window down in a 4 wheeled vehicle they will stick their head in to check things out.
I think they like to have a snack now and then.

Brad
They just walked by.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
for sure wild, wild west with cattle, bison, horses, and donkeys roaming around free, penned in only by a few fences and grates to keep them in a 1,000 acre field!

Thanks for the pictures Mellow. I was hoping to see the people I have been reading about for the last two years. My wife fell three weeks before and was pretty incapacitated so I'm hoping for next year. Hope you all have more stories to tell and stay safe.

Bike
2011 NT
Made it home okay. Had a good time out there. Glad I came home a day early as one of our elder Legion members had passed away and did the honor guard for him yesterday.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I got home Sunday PM after hitting a lot of WIND and missing most of the copious rain and hail. I did find yet another route to cross the Dakotas which is good, but it involved some gravel roads which weren't good. I'd post my (few) pictures, but Joe's are much better. I know we left Joe (Frosty) and Chris with the remaining beer and whiskey so I hope they made it to Red Lodge OK.

It was good to meet some new friends in Spearfish this year and we did miss those who couldn't attend.

Top Bottom