“Come on, Decepticon punk!”

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
That has got to be a kid magnet!

Mike

It already hooked a "big kid"...
;)
The generation has a lot to do with it. I have been G1 (Generation 1) Transformer Fan since 1984.

This is Bumblebee I remember and was to my generation.

That version of Bumblebee is geared toward Gen Z, my children's generation.

Bike
2010 NT700V
I remember "watching" Sky King and Sgt Preston on the radio. You had to have an imagination. Something severly lacking in many people today.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I liked Cecil the Sea-Sick Sea Serpent.

And Buster Brown.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
And then there was The Shadow, The Green Hornet, True Detective Mysteries, The Lone Ranger, The Inner Sanctum - all before TV.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I enjoyed the radio programs when I was a tyke as well. In fact, to this day I prefer radio over TV

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I enjoyed the radio programs when I was a tyke as well. In fact, to this day I prefer radio over TV
Same here, I don't watch TV at all, radio is my favorite, lots of internet radio stations to listen to nowadays.

One of my favorites from the past was "Doctor Demento". Anybody else remember it?

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Wow, you guys are old !!!!!!!! 😲

My favorite radio programs were Straight Arrow, Clyde Beatty, and the Lone Ranger. I spent hours lying on the living room floor in front of the radio "watching" those programs. I saw my first TV in the late 1940s at a neighbor, Garfield Peterson's house. It looked like an oscilloscope. Had a round screen and was in color too (green and black). That was the same day that Garfield showed me how to trim mules hooves.

The first program I remember watching on our own TV was President Eisenhower's inauguration. Those were the days my friends.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
My all time favorite was Jean Shepard "Live from the Limelight..."

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Wow, you guys are old !!!!!!!! 😲

My favorite radio programs were Straight Arrow, Clyde Beatty, and the Lone Ranger. I spent hours lying on the living room floor in front of the radio "watching" those programs. I saw my first TV in the late 1940s at a neighbor, Garfield Peterson's house. It looked like an oscilloscope. Had a round screen and was in color too (green and black). That was the same day that Garfield showed me how to trim mules hooves.

The first program I remember watching on our own TV was President Eisenhower's inauguration. Those were the days my friends.
With utmost respect, you all are discussing things that predate me by at least two decades or more. Therefore you all have earned the "Old Geezer" status. If my father were alive today, he'd be 91 and older than most of you.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The Whistler and The Shadow were being played on Armed Forces Network (AFN) radio in Korea in the 70's. I used to listen to them while working mid shift.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
With utmost respect, you all are discussing things that predate me by at least two decades or more. Therefore you all have earned the "Old Geezer" status. If my father were alive today, he'd be 91 and older than most of you.
Sorry to hear that you were born about a generation too late Bruce.

Top Bottom