2nd Nat'l NT Rally - Jul 12-15, 2012 - Spearfish, SD

bicyclist

I want to wish everyone going to the rally a safe trip and good weather.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I will third that....like the sarg said on "Hill Street Blues"...Lets be real careful out there....32 hours, 10 minutes, 8 seconds to blastoff...but who is countin'?
When the sun sets over the power pole, its time to get on the bike and go to Yellowstone....and Spearfish....

If only I have one more bungee cord!!!!!!

Last edited:

taldric

I had my tent setup in the front yard today. Practiced setting everything up, tested out my new gear including boiling water with my stove and making a cup of coffee (you know - the critical things!). I did discover that I needed to brig garbage bags with me for easier cleanup. And that I still need a pillow. Forgot all about the pillow problem. Will head to REI to solve that tomorrow.

But I am nearly totally packed up. And I still have a little extra space. Maybe I'll bring some beer I made. Good stuff!

Nicole

mmmm Beer! I was planning on picking some up when I got to Spearfish.

Bike
Bonneville T120
You all have a good time. Wish I could be there but my summer session course starts today, in fact in about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Ride safely and enjoy. I spent 6 week in Spearfish almost 40 years ago. I imagine it's changed quite a bit but I sure liked it then.

taldric

mmmm Beer! I was planning on picking some up when I got to Spearfish.
Oh - we will certainly have to purchase large quantities while on-site. But I did recently brew some of my own beer, so I will bring three or four 22 oz bottles of my "Serenity Porter" to share. I also roast my own coffee, so I'll be bringing that as well - although I'm not sure exactly how much space I will have or exactly how much I can get roasted between now and Tuesday night.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Well the NT is repaired from my fall down a few of weeks ago, and is all packed and loaded with my small amount of camping gear and other STuff. This is the only event that I camp at so I don't bring a lot. Will be leaving my place Thursday morning 5:30 - 6:00 in the AM. I will be leading two or three ST1300's and a BMW 700GS.

Thought about bring the Wee for this trip. Lots of great dirt roads. But I took it last year. And the year before I took the ST1300. This year the NT gets the call, and who knows what next year brings.

How many NT's are we going to have coming and how many are camping? Please do mix in with the ST guys. Don't be segregated. This is after all, a combined event.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Ride safe Chuck, should be a fun event.

The RSVP Shows 20-ish coming. I'm hoping we can get a group pic w/bikes and banner Friday afternoon... Maybe 4-5pm-ish just before the giveaways..

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
This is great as I get to attend two events at the same time for the price of one. The NT and the ST Spearfish Rally. And it really does not matter which bike one rides to which event. (or even drives the cage for that matter) What matters is that we all get together and have fun doing it.

Here are some pics of the ST700 (NT) all packed and ready to roll.

Last edited:

Nicole

although I'm not sure exactly how much space I will have or exactly how much I can get roasted between now and Tuesday night.
Coffee has odd effects on me sometimes so I am not so much a coffee fan. It sometimes puts me to sleep.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Coffee has odd effects on me sometimes so I am not so much a coffee fan. It sometimes puts me to sleep.
Wow...that is odd....any coffee after Noon and I have to take a sleeping pill....it has a half-life of about 6 hours....but then again my coffee looks like
dark 20w-50 motor oil....:D
Chris leaving at first light.....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I had my tent setup in the front yard today. Practiced setting everything up, tested out my new gear including boiling water with my stove and making a cup of coffee (you know - the critical things!). I did discover that I needed to brig garbage bags with me for easier cleanup. And that I still need a pillow. Forgot all about the pillow problem. Will head to REI to solve that tomorrow.

But I am nearly totally packed up. And I still have a little extra space. Maybe I'll bring some beer I made. Good stuff!
Oddly, I have left over space also.....this is my maden voyage...I wonder what I left out?
I made 100 batches of beer till the cost of the ingedients went up and I retired and ran out of time....now I buy microbrews....
Hey, there is a small Irish pub in Spearfish!!!!

taldric

Oddly, I have left over space also.....this is my maden voyage...I wonder what I left out?
I made 100 batches of beer till the cost of the ingedients went up and I retired and ran out of time....now I buy microbrews....
Hey, there is a small Irish pub in Spearfish!!!!
Irish pub?!? I'm there. Lets go!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Boy, I'm glad I'm not a noobie camper. I've camped one whole night since I bought all my camping gear earlier this spring. But, I agree that a lot of relatively new campers should camp close together.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm going to bed in a bit and sleep-in tomorrow morning. Pack the bike, maybe take a nap and head east at about 4PM. See you in Spearfish!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
You all ride safe and see ya in Spearfish.

I'm all packed and ready to head out in just over 7 hrs.

Last edited:

taldric

Here is SereNiTy all packed and ready to go. I leave in about 11 hours!

Top Bottom