OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just contacted the campground - slight change in the group rate this year, $5 instead of $3.50... Still a great deal IMO.

The rate should be in effect for Wed thru Sat - 7/10-13.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Dang! I don't know if I can afford that! Highway robbery!!

Seriously, the Spearfish campground would be a bargain at $20/night.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
10-4 on that (or if you are a pilot, Roger that.) $5 for flush toilets , showers, grass, trees, and a creek is wonderful.....not to mention you get an upper class of camp mates! (Don't ask what they charge for the Corvette rally...you don't want to know)

Dang! I don't know if I can afford that! Highway robbery!!

Seriously, the Spearfish campground would be a bargain at $20/night.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Chris, have you ever noticed how often we post next to each other late at night?

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Almost ready for the Spearfish rally. I have all my camping gear and luggage. Now I have to get the bike ready. It will spend a few days at Belmont Performance Motorcycles for a total onceover, The bike has 12,000 miles on the clock so Micah will adjust the valves, change the plugs, replace the air cleaner, and replace the clutch cable which is showing abnormal wear. He did not like the way the Honda Dealer used electrical tape on the wiring for the heated hand grips--so he will do it using shrink wrap. When he gets done, everything will be up to spec. I think that I mentioned in another thread, that his shop rivals an operating room in organization and cleanliness.

I will leave Maine on July 1 and give myself ten days cruising across Canada at a leisurely pace.. I'll drop down to South Dakota from Winnipeg. That part will be all expressway.

Marker

I am planning on coming in for the Rally and doing a bit of touring in the area.

This will be the first longer ride after my back started to give me problems a year ago. If the NT is as good as its been for my back on my local rides, I will make it OK. If my back gives out I will be cutting the trip short and heading home.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Cheers, Gary

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Good luck Gary, hope it ends up being a great ride and hope to see you there.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I confirmed the hotel rate:
Days Inn
(605) 642-7101
Group rate mention 'STOWNERS' or 'NatSTOC'
$89.10+tax/night (10th thru 13th)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Thanks for checking.
Those rates just paid for my new tent (which I'm about to buy)
The bug netting is ripping out of the old one.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thanks for checking.
Those rates just paid for my new tent (which I'm about to buy)
The bug netting is ripping out of the old one.
LOL.. those are actually $10 cheaper than last year so for the area, not too bad. But, I do favor my tent.

kenstone

OK then, I booked a room for the Rally today:D.
It looks like an 850 mile/14+ hour trip for me from Boise, via a non-highway route, as I have never been to the Spearfish area before.

I'm looking forward to visiting the local attractions and will try and meet up with 1 or 2 like minded riders for better enjoyment, riding at any pace that's agreeable.

At this point I'm planning to ride the NT and taking 2 days to do it, but have the option of trailering too:eek:.

I look forward to meeting all riders at the Rally,

Ken

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Ken, looking at Streets and Trips, I'd go from Mt. Home to Fairfield, Hailey, Idaho Falls, Yellowstone, Sheridan, and then stay on US-14 from Sheridan to Gillette, WY. 846 miles, about 14 1/2 hours. I've ridden most of that and it would be a fun ride.

We look forward to seeing you at Spearfish (even if you're not going to swelter with us in the campground). :)

kenstone

Ken, looking at Streets and Trips, I'd go from Mt. Home to Fairfield, Hailey, Idaho Falls, Yellowstone, Sheridan, and then stay on US-14 from Sheridan to Gillette, WY. 846 miles, about 14 1/2 hours. I've ridden most of that and it would be a fun ride.

We look forward to seeing you at Spearfish (even if you're not going to swelter with us in the campground). :)
Phil:
Thanks, that's about the route I had in mind, maybe a little further south thru Jackson Hole and Grand Teton, as I'm not sure about some of those "seasonal" roads that far north.
Ken

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Ken, the northern roads are all open now, but the traffic might be a little lighter if you stayed out of Yellowstone.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Getting the bike checked and adjusted for departure on 1 July---1800mi one way. Going Trans Canada 17 to Winnipeg and slabbing it south and west from there. See y'all in Spearfish.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Mine is all serviced, a major with valve adjustments and new PR3's, I ran it about 400 miles to scuff in the tires and to be sure all was well with it. NOw riding the HD for daily ride if not raining. gave it a good cleaning yesterday and today I am all stove up, left hip & lower back sore. Harley is fun bike but a cleaning nightmare especially if you arte caught in rain for any distance.!

bicyclist

Mine is all serviced
Mine, too. Valves checked, brake fluid flushed, pads checked, fork oil changed, new front tire, final drive oil changed, cracked windshield replaced. Engine oil and rear tire not due, yet.

Got the white line fever!

Top Bottom