40,000 Milestone

OP
OP
Herb
Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Herb - have you watched the "African Queen" lately ? It might help you with the engine work :) Good bit of luck with the boat, I;m sure you will have a blast. Will the NT stow under the deck ?-guess not. There was an Artist here in Geneva NY who was very early abstract painter. When he finally left Geneva he sailed down to Huntington Harbor and dropped anchor to live on the boat. As a teenager living on Long Island I had may fun times in the harbor and surrounding entertainments , such as Cold Spring Labs, the pond at the church near fish hatchery, and upland farm trails. Worked on the film that over-ran the town in 88. Many fond memories of missions to caumsett park and friends world college. Boy, and NT and a Sailboat like Pearson.... you got a good summer linin" up. have fun.. oh, the artist was called Arthur Dove if I remember correctly
I'll have to watch African Queen again... all I remember is Humphrey having to walk the boat through all those leeches! No leeches in Long Island sound and I've got towing insurance. Great to see you mention all of the places that make me love Huntington, NY. If you return, stop by for a visit.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
68211 total motorcycle miles since Jan 2011. :rolleyes1:
That got me thinking....how many miles for me on my PC800 and NT. Chuck has 4 models to play with, I only had 2(1 at a time for a low life like me). I have sold my PC800 in Mar '12 so I had the same work commute, so I have to estimate my PC miles, NT miles are known. It would be between 69,000 and 72,000 miles.

skiper

Phil - film was called "Walking the Dog". It was Directed by the woman who produced Moonstruck with Cher , and a first time Directorial Debut for her. We set up a antique shop on main st. and did our best to minimize the disruption to townfolk. It was my first film - worked as production assistant - eventually mostly with camera dept. Shooting in the fall in Huntington with historic buildings and the Genetic Research Labs, Harbor and Hatchery was as amazing as the stories from the crew. The DP - Ernest Day did all camera work for David Lean on pictures like Lawrence of Arabia, Bridge over River Kwai, Zhivago, as well as action sequences for Bond Films. We had a Panavision camera and lenses travelling in my jalopy van up to Sands Point Castle for a horse stable sequences which looked so beautiful on dailies. Such fun memories, one more trivia about Huntington - an old lady scientist laid the groundwork for discovering the DNA helix with her indian corn research in the upland farm complex- oh and a sixteen year old juaquim phoenix

skiper

end of last post got cut off in reboot, just as well.. phoenix was in the film and I remember telling him about Jack Kerouac and how he lived in the nest town - Northport. He really wanted to breakout with his rock band. I think he did pretty well with his acting- good choice..

skiper

Phil - it was astounding how long it takes to stitch together a scene. Even if there aren't many takes, each time the camera has to move takes forever- with dolly tracks and all plus lights. And how much sound, dubbing effects, music can change what one sees on dailies. I'll never look at a film the same anymore.. but it was wonderful.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Skiper, is there any chance you might get another chance to do something like it again?

Joanne and I are always the only people still sitting in the theater when the folks come in to sweep, mop, and pick up trash. We always sit and watch all the credits all the way through. It's amazing to me that even a "small" and "simple" film takes so many people to make.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I've had all my servicing done by the local Honda dealer.

The only things I've done are the HID low beam, Stebel Horn and the big lids.

Top Bottom